Thread: anyone exported an airgun lately (by post/mail)?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Parcels

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    I bought a Vulcan without barrel from a member on here back around 2010. Parcelforce 48(?) said no problem, but the tracking mysteriously stopped at the export terminal at the airport in the UK. The company will not take responsibility, even after a claim was filed.

People have sent me airgun parts from the UK via Royal Mail without any problems after that, the latest was just some months ago.
    But the parts have to be below 60cm in length.
    So if the airgun can be shipped in parts through several shipments, it could probably be possible.

Think the operative word here and you have used it is AIRPORT .
    Everything is scanned if going onto a plane .
    As Yana has said , rules and regs don't amount to squat unless your box is scanned .
    By a lorry is much safer .
    But what service to use ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Think the operative word here and you have used it is AIRPORT .
    Everything is scanned if going onto a plane .
    As Yana has said , rules and regs don't amount to squat unless your box is scanned .
    By a lorry is much safer .
    But what service to use ?
    As I stated above Royal mail will do so (surface mail only) subject to their size limit, PF48 will not export guns or gun parts so to try is against their rules & if found it will be seized /destroyed.
    AFAIK no other UK carrier will knowingly carry an airgun for a member of the public, let alone export it.

The parcel will now probably require a customs declaration form so lying about the contents has gone up a notch or two

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    As I stated above Royal mail will do so (surface mail only) subject to their size limit, PF48 will not export guns or gun parts so to try is against their rules & if found it will be seized /destroyed.
    AFAIK no other UK carrier will knowingly carry an airgun for a member of the public, let alone export it.

The parcel will now probably require a customs declaration form so lying about the contents has gone up a notch or two
    Yep. Topic isnt relevant anymore
    ATB,
    yana

Customs

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

Well that Dutch guy claimed different not Royal Mail but would not help when asked what actual parcels service was being used .
    Nice to know that RM will still deliver mind .
    Yes agreed Customs labels would now be eventful or is that inventive