Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Steve Pope, RIP

Saddened to hear this, Steve was a true master of his art, a perfectionist, and a bloody decent bloke.

I had many dealings with him over the last 15 years, and it was always a pleasure to gain some of his seemingly unlimited knowledge of things airgun too.

I was presented with a prize by Steve in our old UK Springer competition and it will always remain one of my best airgun memories.

Tuners come and go, but Venom /V-Mach will always be number 1 to me.

RIP Steve Pope - and my condolences to his family

Sad news to hear about the loss of a true gent in the airgun world. I never met him in person but spoke with him many times on telephone through the years from my order of a lovely Venom Sidewinder Compact back in April 2004. Shrouds to many of my other airrifles and at last a V-Mach RACE muzzlebrake to my TX200 found their way to Norway. Allways a pleasure to talk with him and be adviced by his talent and experience. RIP Steve.

Per

Steve was a man who most definitely deserves his place within the Airgunning hall of fame. Nothing was ever too much trouble and as we all know, his standards were the best in the industry. Why is it that the truly great people leave before their time? Like everybody else, I am devastated for his family.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Very sad news. Steve was one of the legend airgun gods. Along with john whiscombe we in the airgun community are saddened by the loss of these geniuses. Rip steve we will miss you.

Absolutely gutted. Steve was one of the nicest blokes I`ve had the pleasure of meeting in the airgun industry and will be sorely missed by all who had the chance to deal with him. Condolences to his family.

Andy Y
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

R.I.P Steve

He was one of a kind and a true gent. His work was always top notch and nothing was ever too much trouble. I always found him a pleasure to deal with over the years and enjoyed chatting with him.
    The personal touch he put into his work shows how enthusiastic he was to please. He truly cared about his work, whether making a barrel shroud or a full on Custom rifle, it was always to an extremely high standard. As others have said he’s gonna be really missed by us all.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Posted so as to move the thread back to page one as the forum has been quieter of late and this gives more visitors the chance to hear of this sad news. Happy to delete this post once more have posted. Guessing the thread may move into the "Gone but not forgotten" section soon?

RIP again, Steve, and my thoughts remain with the family.
    I never met Steve, spoke to him on the phone a few times and amazingly patient and helpful
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

RIP

Master of air
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Sad to hear this, dealt with Steve many times on several guns, a fantastic gunsmith, hive of knowledge, and nice bloke.
    RIP Steve
    v-mach tomahawk .20 hw80 venom .22 hw95k .22
    hw77k v-mach .177 hw80 evo .22

So sad to hear this news, Steve was a top bloke, I first met him at a Shooting’9? Show, (Can’t remember the year)
    Where he was showing off the new Webley Axsor.
    Straight away my friend and I ordered one each in .20 carbines.
    RIP Steve.

Steve Pope

Laid my dear friend to rest today. Rest In Peace Steve and may our paths cross again someday. Mach 1.5

A horrible day for all concerned, Paul. Please pass on my most sincere regards when you next see the family. Still can't believe that he's no longer with us.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Rest in peace, Steve.

You will be missed.

Sorry only read this news

So sorry to read about Steve ( been away from Air Rifles shoulder injuries), he did many air rifles for me, always a gent to speak to and ready to give advice, also had one rifle venom tuned by his farther.
    When you lose,don't lose the lesson

RIP Steve

I'm at a loss for words to have just read of this. I knew Steve over the years because of the work he undertook on my springers. His work is legendary but more than that, he was one of the nicest most genuine of persons I have ever met in my life, and I've met a few. I feel privileged to have met him. He was one of those guys who you would walk away from after talking to him at his workshop or at DAI wishing you had mates like him. Very sorry for the family he has left behind. I know he will be sorely missed by all who knew him personally but also by those who he worked for remotely. RIP.