Thread: Steve Pope, RIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    That is sad - I didn't think he was that old! I know he'd been ill a number of times but not that bad😮 End of an era for Venom/V-mach
    Jerry

Very sad to hear this, Steve helped me out with various projects and always made himself available, usually out of office hours. He will be missed.

Steve Pope

Steve passed away on the 26th Nov. There isn't enough words to some up how nice and genuine this guy was. When it came to work on a rifle or pistol come to think of it, he was the BEST of the best. RIP my dear friend I will deeply miss you along with alot of other people who had the pleasure of meeting you.
    Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 29-11-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Awful news.
    Deepest condolences to his family.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

SAD SAD news, thoughts with the family ..

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Steve passed away on the 26th Nov. There isn't enough words to some up how nice and genuine this guy was. When it came to work on a rifle or pistol come think of it, he was the BEST of the best. RIP in my dear friend I will deeply miss you along with alot of other people who had the pleasure of meeting you.
    Mach 1.5
    I Can only echo what Paul has said above.
    I had the pleasure of meeting Steve a couple of times and had a fair few chats on the phone with him.
    Steve was always a complete gentleman and was very patient and helpful with me.
    BEST of the Best,definitely describe’s Steve’s gun making and custom work . I still have all the guns that he worked on for me.
    My condolences to Steve’s wife,family and friends.
    RIP Steve.
    You will be sadly missed.
    Atvb
    Les..

Sad sad news, a true air gun legend, my condolences to his family and friends.

What a shame and what a loss. A legend, R.I.P Steve.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

RIP Steve

Unfortunately I never met Steve but am lucky to possess some of his fine work.

Condolences to his family and friends. RIP
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.

Steve Pope ..may he Rest In Pease

Steve passed away on the 26th Nov. There isn't enough words to some up how nice and genuine this guy was. When it came to work on a rifle or pistol come to think of it, he was the BEST of the best. RIP my dear friend I will deeply miss you along with alot of other people who had the pleasure of meeting you.
    Mach 1.5
    I can only echo Pauls words above.

I feel honoured to have met Steve and will always remember his gentlemanly manner and the generosity of his time he spent with me.

His workmanship was second to non, peerless in fact...his passion was boundless in our world of air Rifles...his strength in fighting his awful disease resolute.

My heart felt condolences go out to his Wife, Family and Friends.

His memory will live on in the Rifles he has bestowed his skill and knowledge to.

RIP Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    I can only echo Pauls words above.

I feel honoured to have met Steve and will always remember his gentlemanly manner and the generosity of his time he spent with me.

His workmanship was second to non, peerless in fact...his passion was boundless in our world of air Rifles...his strength in fighting his awful disease resolute.

My heart felt condolences go out to his Wife, Family and Friends.

His memory will live on in the Rifles he has bestowed his skill and knowledge to.

RIP Steve
    Another 'echo' if I may.I'd like to add my condolences to those already mentioned on here. Like many shooters I own- and have owned- rifles which were a tribute to his supreme skill and knowledge. Like many others on here I was aware of his illness and his upbeat and amazing way of dealing with it. My best wishes go to his family. RIP Steve
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

If god is an air gunner, he is in for a treat. Eros might stand a chance of actually hitting what he meant to now.

I am a true blood atheist but for some folk, I hope that I am wrong and their is a heaven.

One of shootings truly solid guys.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

god only just read this great person r.ip

Mach 1.5
    I can only echo those comments and thank Paul too for introducing me to Steve about 11 years ago from which we enjoyed a mutually beneficial relationship. Always a gentleman with a calm air of authority on all matters airgun and I enjoyed enormously my visits to Steve.

Best wishes to his wife and family and Steve will always have a place in our hearts.

David & Jo
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!