Thread: Steve Pope, RIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What a terrible terrible shock. Hailing from Dudley myself I met him on a number of occasions to pick up work he did for me. As people have said he was always willing to help and his work is just incomparable. A truly great bloke. RIP Steve

Very very sad to hear this, whichever forum, magazine you read when it came to airgun tuning Steve's name would always be there at the top as the go to guy.

Although I never met him, I feel like I have with just how much I have read over the years and seeing how his skills changed guns and put smiles on many a shooters face.
    1970 FWB 300 - FWB 127 Sport - HW80 1983 - 1984 HW77K - HW30S - HW35 - AIRMASTERS 77FTS
    TX200 Mk2 .22 - TX200 Mk2 .177 - TX200SR Mk1 .177 Walnut - PROSPORT.177

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Terribly sad news. I never had the pleasure of meeting Steve but, aside from the fact we all know he was one of the greats in airgun tuning, it's clear from the comments on here that he was a great human too.

An absolute legend whose work I think will always be viewed as the benchmark.

My sincere condolences to Steve's family & friends.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Saddened to hear this, Steve was a true master of his art, a perfectionist, and a bloody decent bloke.

I had many dealings with him over the last 15 years, and it was always a pleasure to gain some of his seemingly unlimited knowledge of things airgun too.

I was presented with a prize by Steve in our old UK Springer competition and it will always remain one of my best airgun memories.

Tuners come and go, but Venom /V-Mach will always be number 1 to me.

RIP Steve Pope - and my condolences to his family

Sad news to hear about the loss of a true gent in the airgun world. I never met him in person but spoke with him many times on telephone through the years from my order of a lovely Venom Sidewinder Compact back in April 2004. Shrouds to many of my other airrifles and at last a V-Mach RACE muzzlebrake to my TX200 found their way to Norway. Allways a pleasure to talk with him and be adviced by his talent and experience. RIP Steve.

Per

Steve was a man who most definitely deserves his place within the Airgunning hall of fame. Nothing was ever too much trouble and as we all know, his standards were the best in the industry. Why is it that the truly great people leave before their time? Like everybody else, I am devastated for his family.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !