Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: opinions on an air pistol i have bought

Thanks for all your input guys with me been new to air rifles and pistols i was unsure on power but yes you are right this p900 i think is the cheapest pistol so maybe i was expecting too much the pistol (p900) and the rifle (Remington express) are only for the odd occasion for me and my boys to do something together this is making me sound older than i am my eldest is 12 but i thought it would be great for us all to do something different together what does not involve the playstation something more hands on i would of loved to have bought the 97kt rifle but thats way out of my budget but i bet there is no comparison between that and the express hopefully if we enjoy it i could look at getting a second hand one.

I did originally buy both the p900 and the express in .177 but after shooting the p900 and it not penetrating the bottle i thought it maybe also down to the pellet size so luckily i managed to get the express changed to a .22 but after all your comments and a bit of reading i dont think that will really be an issue especially the distance we will be shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Do you realise that you have put only two full stops in the above ?
    No matter what shooting you'll do, you will learn valuable lessons,ie not to use wood as a backstop, holding the gun, aiming, breathing control, there's more but the most important lesson will be safety !
    With kids, who loose interest very easily if they don't hit the target, make a game to play. A piece of paper pinned on cardboard with numbers on, who gets the highest amount out of three shots. The paper makes a bigger target so it's easier to air and hit for all.
    Don't worry about better guns, use what you've got and then decide whether shootings is for you.
    Loose for lose,easier to air,whatever that means,shootings is for you etc.If you're going to correct others it's best to make sure your reply is perfect first.

Quote Originally Posted by brucieboy View Post
    Loose for lose,easier to air,whatever that means,shootings is for you etc.If you're going to correct others it's best to make sure your reply is perfect first.
    Thanks for the support, i didn't want to message saying anything to him but i suppose he needs to understand we all have different strengths and weaknesses i will be the first to say my spelling and grammer is not brilliant but i found it funny really i thought i was back at school .

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    There should be spaces after commas, but otherwise, you beat me to it ! ! !

I entirely agree with Bruce and am guilty of shooting at wood. Rotty tree-trunk wood, but it still rebounded a bit.

[Hope this is perfect]

[It isn't. The phrase should be "There should a space after a comma"]
    Last edited by Antoni; 02-12-2020 at 11:59 AM. Reason: gramarr
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Nice one Brucie, keep the grammar police in their place!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc6fEDrIQf0

314 fps, assuming a 7.9gn pellet that's about 1.75ftlbs
    There's your problem.