Thread: Reducing FPS

Reducing FPS

Everybody,

I know the above will surprise everyone, but I am looking to lower the FPS on an ASG L96 bolt action so that my son (who is under 18) can use it at a local club. The club's limit is 350FPS on snipers if they are used by someone under 18. The ASG fires 415FPS +/- 10% out of the box. It's not a great range for upgrade parts in general, but it was a cheap Black Friday deal and a good gun for him to learn up on.

I'm pretty handy at modding things, so I have come up with the idea of snipping a couple of coils off the bottom of the spring, and reattaching the spring collar so that it will fit straight back in. This has to mean the spring will store less energy = lower FPS. I may bugger the gun, but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Has anyone done this? If not, can you recommend where I can find a lower power spring (I think an M90 would do) that would fit this ASG? I haven't much experience with bolt action snipers, so I'm not sure if they are all the same springs or not.

Thanks for any advice or tips!

That seems to be a rather strange rule ?????

Try a different club. Cut a little at a time. You can take more off but you cant add it on.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Not for a airsoft gun which is what this is ,most site limits are 350fps on a .2g bb unless 30m minimum engagement .
    To drop the fps just chop the spring or get a lower power spring as this was probably 400-450out of the box
    Hw110k,hw35e,pp700,750, , crossman 776 ,2200 magnum,140, 1077,m1 carbine, 1377,fn8 lighthunter,Sheridan blue streak, Sharp ace , Sharp innova, tx200hc,weblry premier,yunker2,1999 makerov, Baikal drozd

ah......airsoft, not my thing.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill