Thread: Old eastern bloc .177s

Old eastern bloc .177s

I have 3 old eastern bloc rifles, all .177, one Slavia, one Baikal and one Vostok that I need to turn loose.

Are these of a collectible nature at all or are they just old junk?

How should i dispose of them humanely. I don’t like the thought of breaking for parts and destroying / scrapping them seems all kinds of wrong.

Advice appreciated.

People collect all sorts Take some good photos - outside in good light and save them to a photo storage service such as Flickr
    Then add them to a post using the guide at the top of the Forum. Make sure to include any relevant details, such as missing sights, springs etc. That way you will get your best valuation on value 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    People collect all sorts Take some good photos - outside in good light and save them to a photo storage service such as Flickr
    Then add them to a post using the guide at the top of the Forum. Make sure to include any relevant details, such as missing sights, springs etc. That way you will get your best valuation on value 👍
    Thanks Mark.

I wasn’t thinking of valuation necessarily, more curious if there is there a demand for them.

Point taken though.

ggggr is online now part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    I have 3 old eastern bloc rifles, all .177, one Slavia, one Baikal and one Vostok that I need to turn loose.

Are these of a collectible nature at all or are they just old junk?

How should i dispose of them humanely. I don’t like the thought of breaking for parts and destroying / scrapping them seems all kinds of wrong.

Advice appreciated.

You can send them here for Christmas!

I recently told a bloke on here and another forum to look for a baikal as they are lovely made little guns. Also I'd probably offer another a temporary home as I think they are a good little rifle to get people into shooting.
    The little Slavias are smaller than a Webley Junior/Jaguar etc and are nice little guns but the triggers can go a bit iffy. I've never had the Slavia version on the Diana 25 and that is something else I would like to look at . There are a few version on here http://www.vzduchovka.cz/prehled/list.html
    IF I were in your place, I'd strip and lube them and use them for a bit of short range plinking
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    You can send them here for Christmas!

I recently told a bloke on here and another forum to look for a baikal as they are lovely made little guns. Also I'd probably offer another a temporary home as I think they are a good little rifle to get people into shooting.
    The little Slavias are smaller than a Webley Junior/Jaguar etc and are nice little guns but the triggers can go a bit iffy. I've never had the Slavia version on the Diana 25 and that is something else I would like to look at . There are a few version on here http://www.vzduchovka.cz/prehled/list.html
    IF I were in your place, I'd strip and lube them and use them for a bit of short range plinking
    Thanks.

I was shooting bell target a lot last year at our club, and bought these little .177s to see how much fun they were and for others to use at bell target who didn’t have low power rifles. Those that liked it either got Hw30s or recoilless Rifles.

That leaves these under used now and I need to make some room so they have to go one way or another.

I realise it’s a problem and it restricts my options, especially now, but I’m not happy posting stuff.
    Last edited by yorkiets; 30-11-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    they are generally solidly made, so always a market as yougsters plinkers, if nothing else. Better than a B2. My old slavia 631 was a nice little gun.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    they are generally solidly made, so always a market as yougsters plinkers, if nothing else. Better than a B2. My old slavia 631 was a nice little gun.
    Yes, good build quality. The Vostok has a breech lock / latch that wouldn’t be out of place on a field gun 😊

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    There are some of us who yearn for the days of the USSR and the Peoples Democracies Comrade! Yes there is an interest, we used to make such fun of them but they are solidly made and interesting to shoot. The Polish Predoms are a particular favourite, with Haenels second. The FEG Relums go without saying. The Czech CZ guns are still being made, basically very simple, their line of springers has barely changed in 30 years.

Interested

I’ve been on the lookout for a Diana 25, Webley Falcon or similar for my boy so could be interested in one if its junior sized and fairly cheap

Edit, just seen you’re not keen on posting... bit far for me but still interested if you change your mind about posting
    Last edited by Plink all day; 30-11-2020 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Postage issue

Hi I am not far from you and will take them off your hands if you are just wanting to get rid of them. Let me know what you think thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Plink all day View Post
    I’ve been on the lookout for a Diana 25, Webley Falcon or similar for my boy so could be interested in one if its junior sized and fairly cheap

Edit, just seen you’re not keen on posting... bit far for me but still interested if you change your mind about posting
    Apologies, posting isn’t an option. Hope you find what you’re looking for.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by t1mm View Post
    Hi I am not far from you and will take them off your hands if you are just wanting to get rid of them. Let me know what you think thanks
    that's one way of not failling foul of the "don't make on offer to buy off the back of a valuation thread" rules

" Just give them to me "
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hi yorkiets your in box is full I am trying to message you.

Thanks

Thanks to all for the advice, their future has now been determined.