Thread: Moving to Scotland / Licensing...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    She was on the Honda, I was on a Buell piece of s**t. In my defence, she was useful on track, even asked to try out for Yamaha at Donnington. Said no as she felt her priority was our 13yo daughter.

You should look for an RC35, the RVF400. Stunning machines, real world useable, and unbelievable quality.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by gwendog View Post
    She was on the Honda, I was on a Buell piece of s**t. In my defence, she was useful on track, even asked to try out for Yamaha at Donnington. Said no as she felt her priority was our 13yo daughter.

You should look for an RC35, the RVF400. Stunning machines, real world useable, and unbelievable quality.
    I love those little 400's but I'm not sure my creaky old joints would be happy riding one. I've a Tiger 900 as well as the VFR, plus an older CBR600 that I'm now trying to sell before we move, more because I won't have space up there for 3, at least at first.

You're right about build quality though, the late 80's & 90's Honda sports & sport tourers were a different class.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

One of my acquaintances in the village still has two 750 vfrs in his garage. He works overseas & I doubt they don't have any more than 3000 miles each on them. Unfortunately he won't sell.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    One of my acquaintances in the village still has two 750 vfrs in his garage. He works overseas & I doubt they don't have any more than 3000 miles each on them. Unfortunately he won't sell.
    Blimey thats barely run in for a VFR! Mine's a 95 model with 66k on the clock but still smooth as. The 94-97 were the last of the 750's before they went to 800cc. After that they went v-tech and back to chain driven cams. A backward move from big H, in my humble opinion...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd