Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost Of Posting pre 1939 Rifle From Wallis and Wallis Auction

Cost Of Posting pre 1939 Rifle From Wallis and Wallis Auction

Just wondering what the cost of posting a pre 1939 rifle from a Wallis and Wallis auction is please ? Any experience or hints ?
    Cheers
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

I have posted many rifles £13 parcel force 48

Ha, thank you Smallholder - I was trying to find out about the Auction house sending it and quality of packing and suchlike

Best to ask the direct, some sub it out and you can pay a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Just wondering what the cost of posting a pre 1939 rifle from a Wallis and Wallis auction is please ? Any experience or hints ?
    Cheers
    I think auction houses generally charge more than the cost of posting, to cover their costs packing etc. Maybe £25?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Ha I will try and contact them. Not sure if they have made distinction between pre 39 rifles that can get posted to your house. As the postage details or logo weren't shown on the listing.

I live in Lewes, not that far from Wallis and Wallis.

Previously I have collected an air rifle for a BBS member from Wallis and Wallis, he then arranged his own courier to collect from my house.
    His courier fee was £13 as I recall and I got a brown beer token for the cost of wrapping materials and a pint.

Coincidently my car needs a service next week so will be walking past W & W on my way back after dropping it off.

If I can be of help, shout.

n.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

Seem to remember at holts it’s £25.
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by LewesNick View Post

Previously I have collected an air rifle for a BBS member from Wallis and Wallis, he then arranged his own courier to collect from my house.
    His courier fee was £13 as I recall and I got a brown beer token for the cost of wrapping materials and a pint.

Coincidently my car needs a service next week so will be walking past W & W on my way back after dropping it off.

n.

Hi Nick, Really appreciate that. I have sent them a request and hopefully they will post it, but if not might take you up on that

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    They are one of the more reasonable auction houses for postage as it’s done in house, but don’t expect a swift arrival they seem to have set their watches to the 1950’s and the average age of the staff seems to be about 85. They are very helpful though.
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

They posted me four boxed air pistols a few years ago in a box the size of a small wardrobe.

Great fun lugging that back from the depot.

Cool southams postage cost

I have just looked at the upcoming Southams auction and their postage cost inhouse is a min £55 plus vat its even dearer through mailboxes, that 55 does cover upto 3 guns though. and then £10 plus thereafter I have found most auction houses the same and dont for get to add at least 25% of the hammer price before postage!!!!!

Auction posting

Check if they hand over to a third party like Mailboxes. They often won't accept firearms at all, even pre 39 air pistols.
    Good luck.

Turned out to be just under £40, sending by parcel force. It all depends on the quality of the packing I suppose. Still less than the diesel, as a 500 mile round trip in a pickup. Fingers crossed a relic doesn't turn up, with bodged sight dovetails, loading taps with hammer marks etc

Quote Originally Posted by LewesNick View Post

n.
    Really appreciate your kind offer on this, it is very tidy of you - But Wallis will post it as its pre 1939. Cheers