Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Re. Sales threads

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    That’s a bold statement from a new member with only a few posts.
    It's most probably the last of the freeads flippers, Its amazing seeing some gear for sale going from one forum to another, The same kit just increasing in value each step,

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I think the mods on here do a great job, and we only see the tip of the iceberg so to speak, like ducks their dainty little feet are going like the clappers under the surface to keep the forum looking calm

I must admit I was a bit taken aback by the post from Cornishmolecat, that is a guy who I'll wager has never worked as part of an admin team, so I hope he takes the behaviour modification treatment in the spirit in which it's meant as if Dave was as power crazed as he thinks then his membership would now be in a black site never to the the light of day again

So keep up the good work guys, a gently nudge is fine when someone makes a mistake, but everyone can read, so the basics should be a given

James
    "Dainty little feet"......have you seen the size of their plates?

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

i think the mods do a great job ,if you get a warning take it,no use giving it large whats the point

If it were not for the Mods offering their time for free, we would not have had such an excellent forum to enjoy over the last 20 years or so.

A timely and courteous reminder of sales etiquette is appreciated.

Thank you Dave, Mick and all for the unseen efforts you put in on our behalf.

John M

This forum is one of the best run by the moderators contributing much of their time to ensure its quality. Always great contributions from members with expert advice and patience. I have learned a lot thanks to this forum. Why join knowing the rules and conflict them? Thank you dedicated moderators for this most excellent forum.

All the best.....

mods

Quote Originally Posted by jesim1 View Post
    i think the mods on here do a great job, and we only see the tip of the iceberg so to speak, like ducks their dainty little feet are going like the clappers under the surface to keep the forum looking calm

I must admit i was a bit taken aback by the post from cornishmolecat, that is a guy who i'll wager has never worked as part of an admin team, so i hope he takes the behaviour modification treatment in the spirit in which it's meant as if dave was as power crazed as he thinks then his membership would now be in a black site never to the the light of day again

So keep up the good work guys, a gently nudge is fine when someone makes a mistake, but everyone can read, so the basics should be a given

James
    100% spot on, and doing so in their free time,for bugger all, thanks guy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I think the mods on here do a great job, and we only see the tip of the iceberg so to speak, like ducks their dainty little feet are going like the clappers under the surface to keep the forum looking calm

I must admit I was a bit taken aback by the post from Cornishmolecat, that is a guy who I'll wager has never worked as part of an admin team, so I hope he takes the behaviour modification treatment in the spirit in which it's meant as if Dave was as power crazed as he thinks then his membership would now be in a black site never to the the light of day again

James
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    i think the mods do a great job ,if you get a warning take it,no use giving it large whats the point
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    If it were not for the Mods offering their time for free, we would not have had such an excellent forum to enjoy over the last 20 years or so.

John M
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    This forum is one of the best run by the moderators contributing much of their time to ensure its quality. Always great contributions from members with expert advice and patience. I have learned a lot thanks to this forum. Why join knowing the rules and conflict them? Thank you dedicated moderators for this most excellent forum.

All the best.....
    Quote Originally Posted by basa View Post
    100% spot on, and doing so in their free time,for bugger all, thanks guy's.
    Hear, hear!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornishmolecat View Post
    Are you suffering from attention deficit syndrome as I keep seeing comments about your power craze on various other forums!!!

You can simply message the offenders rather than threaten people with bans as before long you will be on a forum with yourself.

Let's get this straight, Keith.

The admin team are here to uphold the forum owner's wishes, keep the place tidy and help forum members with any problems they have --- we try to do this without favouritism.

When a member who Dave and myself class as a good friend, posts on open forum "feel free to ban me", then there can only ever be one outcome to that --- he gets banned.
    As far as I'm concerned there was no power craze involved, but I feel it was a truly shitty position for a friend to put Dave in.
    I had expected an apology a long time ago which would have lifted the ban, but unfortunately none was ever forthcoming.

As far as messaging 44000 odd members to remind them of the rules goes, I think this thread is the simpler option.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hear, hear!
    What are you after, Lembo.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    What are you after, Lembo.
    A "non-wobbly" Uncle Mick would do for starters. How you feeling?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    It was a tad too bold I'm afraid.

Dave
    Tickled me😂

Without sales rules it would end up like freeads. I tip my hat to the mods. This forum has kept me sane and stopped me from going under this year.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

John M
    Well said. l totally agree with the above, l think we are so lucky to have people like this to keep things in order.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    Pretty much,
    Never had a warning, but had a few posts deleted which lets you know the rope is getting tight ..

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Cornish who?

Dave
    I shouldn't laugh.....