Thread: Anyone else still using N550 in 2020

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone else still using N550 in 2020

I am and I've loving it, it has accounted for many rats, outlasted my pard 008 LRF, and ATN 4k ( practically dead out the box) when pulsar make a rig they make it right!

OK it looks dated now.. Starship troopers ' can't say the rats care .. but the image quality is excellent (still) I use it for rats only and can count the whiskers on a rats face from 15 yards!

It has been 💯 reliable, never ever let me down, no bells or whistles, just get the job done dedicated NV, quite refreshing to use in this era.

I spoke to pulsar regarding upgrading and what benefits there recent units bring, they explained each model, various upgraded screen, resolutions..
    I had my mind set on the Digitex, after some thought after talking to pulsar about the ranges I shoot at (rat ranges)
    They said "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    a wow moment! I'm used to companies trying to push there latest and greatest gadget.

I'm a bit of a self confessed NV buff, using nv permanently, shooting at night only, the new models with all the bells and whistles although excellent could not keep up with the first dedicated digital NV ever made (from my knowledge) when pulsar did it they must if done it right or.. I have the best example? Nah!

When my Pard LRF creased to hold zero after 7 months of use, I took the thing apart, you would not BELIEVE the innerds!

Just showing some appreciation for a well made product (n550) which is still going strong today, people are to quick to upgrade sometimes, look at things from a practical perspective, simple is best, I will keep my N550 until the old girl refuses to power up, but the way things its going it will outlast me hehe.

Goff n gone

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSniper View Post
    I am and I've loving it, it has accounted for many rats, outlasted my pard 008 LRF, and ATN 4k ( practically dead out the box) when pulsar make a rig they make it right!

OK it looks dated now.. Starship troopers ' can't say the rats care .. but the image quality is excellent (still) I use it for rats only and can count the whiskers on a rats face from 15 yards!

It has been 💯 reliable, never ever let me down, no bells or whistles, just get the job done dedicated NV, quite refreshing to use in this era.

I spoke to pulsar regarding upgrading and what benefits there recent units bring, they explained each model, various upgraded screen, resolutions..
    I had my mind set on the Digitex, after some thought after talking to pulsar about the ranges I shoot at (rat ranges)
    They said "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    a wow moment! I'm used to companies trying to push there latest and greatest gadget.

I'm a bit of a self confessed NV buff, using nv permanently, shooting at night only, the new models with all the bells and whistles although excellent could not keep up with the first dedicated digital NV ever made (from my knowledge) when pulsar did it they must if done it right or.. I have the best example? Nah!

When my Pard LRF creased to hold zero after 7 months of use, I took the thing apart, you would not BELIEVE the innerds!

Just showing some appreciation for a well made product (n550) which is still going strong today, people are to quick to upgrade sometimes, look at things from a practical perspective, simple is best, I will keep my N550 until the old girl refuses to power up, but the way things its going it will outlast me hehe.

Goff n gone
    Interested in your comments re Pard, feel free to PM me if you don't want to post on the thread
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177