Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CO2 10M Match pistols

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Cp1

That's an early CP 1, I had one of the first in the UK, early 80's, 1981 or '82? superb pistol but in the UK was on Firearm Certificate due to "noxious gas propellant".

That created a real pain problem where most open county match organisers would not allow them on air ranges, wrongly claiming they were firearms, I even had a letter from my Firearms dept saying they were safe on any range, but to no avail. In the first year I used my old FWB65 in matches more than the CP1, which was only allowed at BPC at Bisley, so it was sold after a year.

When they came off ticket I bought a CP2, but I had all ready moved on via a FAS to an LPM-1 by then, so it was rarely used. Still have all my pistols from over 40 years of match shooting, including my FWB 65, FAS 604, CP2, LPM-1 and on up to when I retired with a Steyr LP2 Compact.

Due to the FAC issue very few were imported, that one may even be mine! I note BPC stickers!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

interesting bit of history there

i found a mag article re. the CP , Target Gun magazine March 1982 - Walther CP1 review

https://www.classicapa.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1071

some nice info there (from 1982)

Rich.
    Rich. https://i.imgur.com/6sXOoGi.jpg my MPR's & mk1 TX200
    repeat Burris owner (now have 8)

We were all using FWB 65's then, you went to a match any where in the UK and Europe, and there was a full entry of them, perhaps 70 with the odd Walther Lp2/3!

I tried a prototype CP in Ulm, and was blown away, and George Darling (CWG gold medalist) and I, we were in the same club, and we both got FAC variations ready for them.
    I believe we got the first two in the UK. They were a revelation compared to the FWB 65, just like a free pistol with air, but we only really could use them in our own club, and the BPC, most organisers decided they were firearms, and would not listen to reason, or the police, and there was nothing we could do, so we both sold them after a year.

Both George and I shot my CP2 at Norwich a couple of years ago and it was a nostalgia fest!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

The CP1 is relatively easy to strip down and reseal, I have a CP1 and an CP3.

Always been curious whether there are any internal differences between a CP and a CP1?

CP1 is definitely internally different to the CP2, but I'm not sure what the differences are between the CP2 and CP3?

CP or CP1

Disco

I always believed the CP was just an early CP1 but I'm not sure. I have a picture I took in the Walther Museum of the CP1, it was recorded as their first Co2 pistol model CP1 dated 1982.

Have Fun
    Robin

Tau 7 indeed one of the best CO2 matchpistols imo.
    Greatest advantage; no bulk fill. So no fire extinguishers needed and no issues with cilinders being out of date. Just grab some bulbs and go shooting
    Had a CO2 Steyr LP5 as well. Very nice pistol. Very reliable, allthough could freeze up with fastfire on almost empty cilinder.
    Had it converted to pcp but didnt like it. Didnt hold air when kept screwed on, and very limited amount of shots.
    Sold it in the end.
    If the Steyr couldve been used with 12gr bulbs I would have probably never sold it
    ATB,
    yana