Thread: Valuation please - Diana Bits - help required please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Valuation please - Diana Bits - help required please

Diana Bipod for sidelevers (genuine screw in Diana made, comes with longer stock bolt that replaces the fore stock screw)
    DM80 made Diana side lever specific mod
    Here is cost of new bipod

http://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/acc...ing-bipod/1278

Whats a fair price for someone with a Diana side lever please - mod unmarked, bipod in very good condition

many thanks
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I've never tried, but I do wonder what it's like to shoot a recoiling springer off a rigid bipod ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I've never tried, but I do wonder what it's like to shoot a recoiling springer off a rigid bipod ?
    I bought one of those clip plastic/ glass fibre ones ( still have it ) cosman ratcatcher.

Tried using it as a Bipod on my Nephew's HW80k and it was very inaccurate . Tried it a few times then gave up.

I wouldn't expect much of a return of your initial investment for the bipod as it looks overpriced to start with and your market is limited. Soz
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I wouldn't expect much of a return of your initial investment for the bipod as it looks overpriced to start with and your market is limited. Soz
    Same with most branded items though. There will be brand fans out there that pay good money for the branded parts.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Same with most branded items though. There will be brand fans out there that pay good money for the branded parts.
    Looks like a typical cheap Chinese bipod but with a Diana mount?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    In fact it's no problem Jon. The secret is to copy the 'artillery hold' and mount the bipod at the point of balance of the rifle - so close to the trigger guard for most rifles. Looks odd but it works fine. Been doing this for years and get very consistent results.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    In fact it's no problem Jon. The secret is to copy the 'artillery hold' and mount the bipod at the point of balance of the rifle - so close to the trigger guard for most rifles. Looks odd but it works fine. Been doing this for years and get very consistent results.
    Interesting thanks... As said, I've never tried.

However it would seem that the OP's bipod is not designed to support at the balance point, being forced instead to use a mounting point right at the tip of the forend
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The Diana bipod is well made and designed. It mounts in a well balanced spot and works perfectly
    It does not shoot from a rigid position as you might imagine as has ‘rock n roll’
    I simply don’t have any sidelevers anymore

I am genuinely surprised by some of the comments on here and lack of knowledge on series of airguns that we’re influential at the time of their inception
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

I believe the bipod (together with a black-painted beech stock, no sights, and a muzzle weight) came as part of the package offered for a few years as the Diana 48 Black Pro about (?) ten years ago. Maybe some bipods were sold separately?

I am not a fan of bipods on anything much smaller than a heavy sniper rifle or a Bren gun. If you want to shoot prone, learn to shoot prone. Just airing my prejudice.