Thread: Sending air pistols to France?

Sending air pistols to France?

How easy is it to send an air pistol to France?

Someone near Marseilles wants a Diana model 1 pistol and I have a spare one.

I’ve bought plenty of Airguns from Germany but never posted any abroad.

Thanks,
    Matt .

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I don't think its an issue, at least not until September 31st. Just include a note that it is an antique and of low power (what will a Diana 2 be, 5joules?). You might need a stick on declaration. Others may have more info.

Don't think couriers will take airguns across the water thesedays you probably have to send it in bits in different parcels etc.

Dave.

Whats the deal with couriers not sending abroad anyway?
    Is it a legal issue? Is it not allowed to sent airguns (< 12Ftp) abroad?
    Or is it a courier issue? Liability.
    ATB,
    yana

Policy?

I may be wrong but I think its simply a company policy (ie choice) for many couriers and parcel companies. Eg Mailboxes will not ship any air pistols within UK. Keeps their life simple. Minimises their risk of getting it wrong. Sadly.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    see if Tinners feels like setting up a courier service
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thumbs down

A mate of mine had a Webley Tempest for sale a few years ago, Another griend that lives in Cyprus wanted to buy it, As my mate here was ill I went to the post office to enquire, Turned out the GPO would transport it but they wanted £55 to do so!

It stayed here!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I have sent air pistols using Royal Mail (perfectly legal to do so, if you follow their guidelines) to Germany on more than one occasion and fairly recently, and the only problem seems to be the Heathrow customs clearance office, where they will often detect the pistols by X-ray and open the package. Provided they are satisfied the pistol is a non-FC airgun they will repackage it (very badly) and send it on. Once it has left Heathrow there have never been any other hold-ups. The only downside is the delay - they can take 2- 3 weeks sometimes before moving the package on, and during that time feed-back from your tracking number is non-existent. It pays to put an explanatory note in the package. I don't imagine that France will be any different to Germany as a recipient country, but obviously things are likely to change anyway in a couple of weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    A mate of mine had a Webley Tempest for sale a few years ago, Another griend that lives in Cyprus wanted to buy it, As my mate here was ill I went to the post office to enquire, Turned out the GPO would transport it but they wanted £55 to do so!

It stayed here!!

John
    And I thought £9.75 was a lot to send the Countryfile calendar to NZ!

Well, actually I still do, especially as it can be posted direct from the supplier for very little. But I wanted to put a Xmas card in with it. I would have saved about £8 to send the card separately.

I often think that the post office is on a suicide mission.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .