Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does someone recognise this scope?

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Hi Greg,
    The "Leupold" arrived today.
    I am pleased with it, but I haven't tested it in the field yet.
    Cheers, Louis
    Good Morning Gents,

I don't often post in this section though I do read it avidly. I have been looking for something like this for quite some time for a little HW 30s project that I have in hand and wonder if I may ask Louis a couple of questions please.

I did a search on the e whatnot as suggested and came up with two identical scopes, one is from seller ssg2019 and the other is pbis9567. Which seller did you deal with please.

What reticle does it have.

And finally, I cannot wait to find out how it performs once you get chance to put it through it paces!

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    Good Morning Gents,

I don't often post in this section though I do read it avidly. I have been looking for something like this for quite some time for a little HW 30s project that I have in hand and wonder if I may ask Louis a couple of questions please.

I did a search on the e whatnot as suggested and came up with two identical scopes, one is from seller ssg2019 and the other is pbis9567. Which seller did you deal with please.

What reticle does it have.

And finally, I cannot wait to find out how it performs once you get chance to put it through it paces!

Thank You.
    Hi Portzy,
    No problem.
    I haven't tested the scope yet, hopefully this weekend.
    First impressions: clear glass.
    Mildot reticle.
    Nice positive clicks with the turrets.
    It's from ssg2019
    Happy New Year!
    Louis

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    Sorry yes a Titan!

Have you researched the history of Titan? Did it become Falcon and then finally Air arms?

They are well made PCPs and the Falcon light hunter with the thumb hole stock must be up there with the prettiest rifles.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    Sorry yes a Titan!

Have you researched the history of Titan? Did it become Falcon and then finally Air arms?

They are well made PCPs and the Falcon light hunter with the thumb hole stock must be up there with the prettiest rifles.
    No problem lol.

Yes I have researched the history of Titan.
    The truly brilliant Titan pcp design comes from John Bowkett and was copied by Falcon.
    Personally I think it is the best pcp design ever made. Certainly best price/quality.

Titan started selling airguns in 1988: the sidelever springers, SL600 and SL800. Those were actually made in China.

I have not been able to find out exactly when the Manitou hit the market, but I think it was 89 or 90. They were certainly for sale in 1990. The reviews were very positive. I'm not sure why the company went tits up. The price for a Manitou started at 189 pounds. That equals about 400 pounds nowadays.
    Last edited by jirushi; 02-03-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Hi Portzy,
    No problem.
    I haven't tested the scope yet, hopefully this weekend.
    First impressions: clear glass.
    Mildot reticle.
    Nice positive clicks with the turrets.
    It's from ssg2019
    Happy New Year!
    Louis
    Thank you Louis, your reply is much appreciated.

There's one of those scopes on "the auction site" Germany just now. Look for

Schmidt-amp-Bender-Zielfernrohr-Drueckjagd-Schrankwaffe-Sammlerzustand Indexbild

This is the "end result", after having found an original Titan silencer:

To replicate this look:

I think my gun needs that quality scope from the ad, but it's above my budget lol.
    Now it doesn't do it for me.
    Also, I find this Manitou quite long. It is nice to shoot, but yes, really long, especially with the silencer.

This is still my favourite Titan. A "fugly" Frankenstein composed of different worn parts that work lovely together. With Titan pistol sights for a bit of extra fun.

Cheers, Louis

sparko is offline One of Tiger Woods' lovers...
    The scope sold for 510 GBP. Woops. They must be very nice. But the Chinese jobby will do!
    Hi, yes you are quite right about being used for driven boar and the older ones still very sought after, hence the final selling price ... Later ones have red dot facility.
    Personally I have never owned a S&B scope, but do like the compact size of this ... I wonder what the parallax was set to and how adjustable it would be.
    Not sure where I`m going.....But I`ll get there someday

Excellent, I like simple pneumatic designs and I heard the Manitou was a very rugged airgun.

No problem lol.

Yes I have researched the history of Titan.
    The truly brilliant Titan pcp design comes from John Bowkett and was copied by Falcon.
    Personally I think it is the best pcp design ever made. Certainly best price/quality.

Titan started selling airguns in 1988: the sidelever springers, SL600 and SL800. Those were actually made in China, and improved to the UK.

I have not been able to find out exactly when the Manitou hit the market, but I think it was 89 or 90. They were certainly for sale in 1990. The reviews were very positive. I'm not sure why the company went tits up. The price for a Manitou started at 189 pounds. That equals about 400 pounds nowadays.