Thread: The modern muzzleloader.....

The modern muzzleloader.....

I wonder how these would be regarded at the Xmas Clay shoot....

https://www.detonics.com/en/products/shotguns-4

Their handguns are worth a look too. Anyone over the age of 18 can buy a muzzleloader in the Czech Republic. It appears that they’re making them to appeal to the defence market.....

Quote Originally Posted by springfieldm6 View Post
    I wonder how these would be regarded at the Xmas Clay shoot....

https://www.detonics.com/en/products/shotguns-4

Their handguns are worth a look too. Anyone over the age of 18 can buy a muzzleloader in the Czech Republic. It appears that they’re making them to appeal to the defence market.....
    The UK does not allow people to own a firearm for self-defence, except in Northern Ireland.

Hmm, thankyou for your valued comments, though I think 99.9999999% of us were already aware of that...

Can't see why you would buy the muzzle loader in preference to the cartridge version.

Because of the size, obviously... Most of their muzzle loaders are sub 30/60cm so would not be available to the vast majority in the UK as cartridge guns. And in the Czech Republic there are virtually no controls on muzzle loaders, which no doubt increases their popularity...Their derringers are worth a look.

They look to be the same size on the website though - just one being muzzle loading and the other breach loading. Sorry it wasn't obvious to me.

Unless we are at cross purposes and you are talking about the UK market whereas I was referring to their home market?