Thread: How much are you paying for primers?

How much are you paying for primers?

My reason for asking is that a pal of mine in TX has just paid $120/M for small pistol primers......

Prices for reloading components over there seem to have gone through the roof!!

I guess a shortage will push prices up as people may be desperate and pay the inflated prices.

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/why-...pply-shortage/

We have an extremely large number of new reloaders who have entered the market. The NSSF estimates that first time gun owners has increased to 6.2 million people over the past few months.Unfortunately, many of those reloaders entered the market anticipating that it would be easier to make their own ammo since readily available ammunition was so difficult to find. With shortages of bullets, powder, brass and primers, that has simply not been the case

You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Friends in the trade in the US say years backlog on ammunition and components.

Also one is having delays in comments needing anodising - the makers of AR parts are /were working 24/7 taking up space.

Has not drifted thru' to UK but I'm assuming shortages of primers will have the most impact for UK shooters if you have a cartridge that 'likes' a specific primer i.e. CCI 450's in 6.5x47 etc.

Primers are not the only thing that are going go have shortages I think. The supply of American made bullets might dry up as they are redirected into commercial ammunition manufacture. Particularly in 22 and 30 calibre.

Americans are pretty good at ramping up supply when there is the demand. From the sounds of it, there will be high demand for st least the next 4 years.

I had a few thousand Sellier & Bellot sp at the last gunshow for 30 quid a thou. They work fine in my 38.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

I read a few weeks back that one US retailer has a billion dollars of shooting items on backorder.
    Massive shortage of every thing apparently including 9mm and 223 ammo - which has escalated in price if you can get it.
    Same with guns.

I am paying £27 for 1k here in the uk.

Quote Originally Posted by TVRGREG View Post
    That is very very good - what type and make?

£26/1000 for Murom round here.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    That is very very good - what type and make?
    Murom from HPS. Have heard good reports about these russian primers so thought i would give them a go. Small rifle, small pistol are cheaper, large rifle a bit more.

Murom from HPS. Have heard good reports about these russian primers so thought i would give them a go. Small rifle, small pistol are cheaper, large rifle a bit more.
    just bear in mind that their small rifle primers come in several grades of hardness, their KVB223 primers don't like hotter loads , but other than that I have found them to be very useable
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

£42 for Cci large rifle and £35 for s&b small pistol at our local club
    CZ455 American .22LR, Marlin 1894 .357 and 1935 8mm Mauser K98k S42/G (RC), Remy .308 AICS, RPR 6.5 creedmoor, no4 1* LB 1943, NRA RCO