Thread: Webley Tempest

Webley Tempest

Does anyone know if the barrels between the Brum and Turkish made variants of the Tempest are interchangeable. I just picked one up in .22/5.6mm but I'dblike to change it to 5.5mm. Is this possible or will I need to turn down a barrel to fit myself?

You picked one up in 5.5 and want to change to 5.5?? Now Im wondering..
    Would expect them to be interchangeable. Dont think the design was changed. They're just made in turkey with heavier spring and massive roll pins and mat finish afaik
    ATB,
    yana

It's 5.6mm currently, true .22, but you can't get decent pellets for that calibre anymore. 5.5mm is the standard these days.

I'll probably just take the barrel out of the hinge bracket and machine one to fit.

Why bother about what the barrel says? Either 5.6 or 5.5??
    My 5.6 Tempest/Hurricane are amazingly accurate wityh H&N 5.53 pellets. No need for any other barrel or special pellets. Just try some out and pick the best
    ATB,
    yana

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Shoot RWS Hobbies through it. Every Webley I own shoots well with Hobbies.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

As above. The one I had was plenty accurate with the old 5.6 Wasps but just as accurate with 5.5 Hobbies and a bit more power too.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius