Thread: Benjamin Mod 177 Air Pistol.

Benjamin Mod 177 Air Pistol.

Finally got a chance to take my recently acquired Benjamin Mod. 177 pump-up air pistol to the range for a shoot. Pictured is my best group shot offhand at 10 metres with 5 pumps. Although it takes less pumps to achieve a reasonable MV than the later underlever pistols due the longer piston stroke, you do need a solid surface to press against after two or three cycles. It seems to shoot to point of aim for elevation at this distance, but somebody has drifted the rear sight to the left at some time, so I will just need to tap it across slightly right in the dovetail to its central position in alignment with mark on the base of the sight.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 19-12-2020 at 02:27 PM.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Brian, glad you have managed to get around to shooting the Benjamin, and some nice grouping with it as well. bet you are glad you bought it. l have not tried mine to see how good it is as l am not a good shot with pistols.

Nice shooting! You don't see many of those around, I bet the members who've not seen one thought why is he trying to pump up a Gat gun.