Thread: daisy 840

daisy 840

Looking for main pump parts for the above mine has finally given in to the plastic gremlins and unable to salvage anything.

Bumping up this thread..

I was lucky enough to find a very nice Daisy 814 (yes, the A-team inspired version ) at a second hand market this weekend.
    The gun is in great shape, but leaks on pumping.

I was hoping anyone could point me in the right direction for a disassembly guide?
    Too many airguns!

Never seen one of these in UK, must be quite rare. Only used the real Ruger Mini 14 in South Africa. I often strip rare airguns without having instructions, just try to follow a sort of mechanical logic.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Never seen one of these in UK, must be quite rare. Only used the real Ruger Mini 14 in South Africa. I often strip rare airguns without having instructions, just try to follow a sort of mechanical logic.

Baz
    The "real" Mini 14 was sold as a hunting rifle over here for years, until a tragic event in 2011 caused law changes on semi automatic rifles and large capacity magazines.

I guess the Daisy 814 is quite rare everywhere, from what I find they were only made for two years, while the base gun, the 840 was made for a longer period. How one ended up here in Norway is difficult to say.

Yeah, thats the way to go about it, slow, logically and never force anything.
    Was just hoping for some tips on possible "un-logical" things if anything like this exists in the gun.
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Bumping up this thread..

I was lucky enough to find a very nice Daisy 814 (yes, the A-team inspired version ) at a second hand market this weekend.
    The gun is in great shape, but leaks on pumping.

I was hoping anyone could point me in the right direction for a disassembly guide?
    I don't think I know this model. Can I have pics for the gallery please?

Your PM box is full...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

is it just a piston you need Stu
    send me some pics and dimensions and i'll see what i can do

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I don't think I know this model. Can I have pics for the gallery please?

Your PM box is full...
    Theres several guns I should get you pictures of, the Elmeks, the Roja, the Noricas, plus this...
    This one has a layer of nicotine over it that I plan on removing with silicone spray....

Inbox is cleared out!
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    is it just a piston you need Stu
    send me some pics and dimensions and i'll see what i can do
    Thanks ped, it's an old post, rifle has moved on but thanks for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Theres several guns I should get you pictures of, the Elmeks, the Roja, the Noricas, plus this...
    This one has a layer of nicotine over it that I plan on removing with silicone spray....

Inbox is cleared out!
    Thank you. I have some pics of the Elmek and the Roja but not many Noricas, especially the very old ones. Apparently Norica first started making airguns in 1917, according to its website!

The son of the maker of the Norwegian Elmek told a mate of mine that both his parents sadly died in a light aircraft accident when he was a kid.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thank you. I have some pics of the Elmek and the Roja but not many Noricas, especially the very old ones. Apparently Norica first started making airguns in 1917, according to its website!

The son of the maker of the Norwegian Elmek told a mate of mine that both his parents sadly died in a light aircraft accident when he was a kid.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
    My Noricas are 70's -80's models, but they are still not on the gallery

The thing is that there seems to be two main models of the Elmek over the years they were made, plus both models were made in different sizes.
    I dont have all the Elmek models, but I see them quite often at second hand markets over here. Only buy them when I get them really cheap, as I try to narrow my collection down to British and German springers....
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    Thanks ped, it's an old post, rifle has moved on but thanks for the offer.
    no probs Stu

Finally got the 814 apart today.
    After a lot of oiling and experimenting with seals it seems like the leak comes from a tiny crack in the plastic valve body...
    The valve body is made of what seems to be a brittle clear plastic and houses the striker, valve and barrel mount, its a complicated weak part that holds everything together.

I might have a go at filling the crack with super glue, or try to get a replacement som day.

For now, the gun goes in my collection of "rare BB-guns that dont work" together with the S&W 80g.
    Too many airguns!