Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airguns in Fiction

Airguns in Fiction

Being furloughed/housebound been catching up on some reading. One of Ian Rankin's' Rebus novels had a killing carried out with a re chambered Brocock.
    Got me thinking about airguns in fiction/media.

Sean Connery/LP53 pic Allegedly this happened when they found the PPK had been forgotten for the photoshoot, & a crew member mentioned he had a Walther at home...

Sherlock Holmes In 'The Empty Room' an air cane is used in an attempt to kill him.

The Good Life Tom shoots a veg thief with a Webley pistol (Mk 1/Senior/Premier?), ends up doing time for contempt of court.

Just William Seen a clip on another forum where he has a pre war (?) BSA.

The Durrells Gerry's' dog gets shot by one of his brothers, who has left the safety catch off. Hmm, not many of those on pre war air rifles?

Anyone think of other examples?

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Jerry Cornelius of course!! The needle gun is a pcp pistol basically
    Morally flawed

Just William thread started on here:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....h-a-peep-sight

Matt

edbear2 Guest
    Some swearing but a classic....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPg_fj_SK_E

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Jerry Cornelius of course!! The needle gun is a pcp pistol basically
    Forgot about the Moorcock books/needle gun! Ironic, as it's one of my favourite Hawkwind tracks after seeing them do it on Chronicles of The Black Sword tour (1985).

I cause confusion at work by asking for the needle gun when I'm after the Kimble tagging device (that thing that puts those irritating white placcy tags on items)

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Forgot about the Moorcock books/needle gun! Ironic, as it's one of my favourite Hawkwind tracks after seeing them do it on Chronicles of The Black Sword tour (1985).

I cause confusion at work by asking for the needle gun when I'm after the Kimble tagging device (that thing that puts those irritating white placcy tags on items)

Bru
    Better than asking for the vibragun
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Better than asking for the vibragun
    Seem to remember there is a webley in Friday Night Saturday Morning, Is there. A Bsa Meteor in Kes. Henry Williamson swaps his service revolver with his Dad for a Bsa Air Rifle in one of his biographical novels about Ww1.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

airguns in fiction

Kes in the book of the same name is killed with an air rifle.

Probably a American thing - Christmas Classic:

https://youtu.be/mrAwb9ptu9U

"Blowup" with David Hemmings.

At least one P.G. Wodehouse story.

"The Alphabet Murders".

"The Otterbury Incident"

I'm pretty sure all the above and a few more have psychologically predispositioned me to have an unhealthy interest in old airguns.

Please help me...

A Japanese comic book. The main character uses a Sharp, I think it's an Ace. Odd way of pumping it lol.

In one of the couple of million or so episodes of Midsomer Murders, a female character used to be some sort of pre-ban pistol champion. She has a pair of CO2 pistols (I recall they resembled CP88s) in a display case on the wall. When John Nettles' character looks surprised, the character explains those are "gas powered replicas". I can't remember the rest of the plot, but I'm sure it's exactly the same as all the others.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Seem to remember there is a webley in Friday Night Saturday Morning, .
    Wasn't that a Diana 16?

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    I remember reading a book at school in the 80’s which was called The nature of the beast, from memory the lad in the story goes everywhere with his air rifle.