Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airgun magazines

Airgun magazines

Which airgun mags is everyone reading and where is the best place to subscribe the mag from

I subscribe to Airgun World think it's through Archant.

Quote Originally Posted by mule77 View Post
    Which airgun mags is everyone reading and where is the best place to subscribe the mag from
    I don't anymore. I even rarely buy centrefire mags now.

They lack critique imho. Case of biting the hand that feeds you or conflict of interest. You choose.

Sadly, critique is ..... imho .... a better way of going forward. It allows manufacturers to listen to feedback and ever improve their products.

Had this been done, the likes of Air Arms wouldn't still be putting a safety on a trigger for example.

Plus you can find more critical reviews on the likes of Youtube.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

i get air gun world and air guner posted to the house so i never miss a issue

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    I don't anymore. ... They lack critique imho. ...

And you can see the whites of the reviewer's eyes. Body language is a lot harder to fake than printed words.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

The best ? This site. https://gb.readly.com/winter-gb-20-2...caArLqEALw_wcB
    Read back copies to Airgun World from Nov 2014 .Airgunner Nov 2014
    Plus hundreds of all magazines. Treat yourself.

Airgun World and Airgunner.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Why would you pay for what is basically a catalogue? The reviews/mags are all sponsored so why would you believe a word that is written? Whilst I have no beef with those who sell their opinion to the highest bidder - I believe that most magazine, and for that matter youtube reviewers, are little more than shop mannequins.

Three to choose from,all good.yes they show piece new stuff,rifles and associated kit.keeps me up to date of the latest gear.read between the lines of the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    I don't anymore. I even rarely buy centrefire mags now.

They lack critique imho. Case of biting the hand that feeds you or conflict of interest. You choose.

Sadly, critique is ..... imho .... a better way of going forward. It allows manufacturers to listen to feedback and ever improve their products.

Had this been done, the likes of Air Arms wouldn't still be putting a safety on a trigger for example.

Where as I think the AA safety button is probably the best out there

I don't buy airgun magazines either, I was buying Shooting Sports because it had a good mix of all shooting, sadly they stopped printing it in April so now I buy nothing.

As above youtube is probably more honest, but you need to note if the reviewer is sponsored & if so who by.

I've not bought a air gun mag in about 5yr so was just wondering what is happening in the world of airguns, looking to buy another someday soon,

Quote Originally Posted by mule77 View Post
    I've not bought a air gun mag in about 5yr so was just wondering what is happening in the world of airguns, looking to buy another someday soon,
    So they do have some use😂

I have no problem with advertising in the mags. But the issue of reviews being 'sponsored' or being worded so as not to give offence to the product manufacturer is often mooted. But what evidence is there for such a claim? Or is it just supposition?
    Yes, a product is sometimes classed as being the best since the proverbial sliced bread but so what ... go beyond that and you can get some entertaining reading. What do you want? Do you want someone to say 'As soon as I took it out of the box it fell apart'? I tend to think that potential improvements in design are highlighted when appropriate and please remember that such opinions will not be relevant to some people as they only reflect the opinion of the reviewer. I must admit though that when it comes to boots/clothing I do wonder why a comparison with other products could not be made. I would love to see comments like 'This is an excellent product but no better than XYZ at keeping you warm/dry. And it is cheaper/more expensive'. But maybe it is only right that the review concentrates on the product being reviewed rather than comparisons with other products.
    So overall I think reviewers do a fair job in a task where they cannot please everyone.
    And I read all the airgun magazines.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Airgun World and Airgunner.
    I also have these but I have not yet received the January editions of either have you?

Yep, I received the January 2021 issue of AGW on Saturday the 12th.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!