Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Airgun magazines

I have a digital subscription to Airgun World and Airgunner, I mainly have it for the technical articles but I never read the paid reviews on any of the modern kit.
    the best part about the digital sub is that you have access to all back issues from 2009 onwards.

I do need to say that the amount of adverts from that one certain gun shop that feels like there is one on every second page is enough to ensure Id never buy from them.

And another thing.......as my copy of the February issue of Airgun World dropped onto the mat this morning, I'd like to say what a brilliant job Terry and The Team have done during the pandemic in providing timely monthly and much appreciated fixes of Airgun World and Airgunner. As always, looking to be a brilliant read. I realise that modern electronic communication methods play their part, but it must still take a massive effort to sort the excellent content into a pleasing and aesthetically successful publication each month. And on time every month. Well done, peeps. Just looking forward to giving it a proper read now.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I'm enjoying it Tony. Good feature by Tim F on re-parallaxing, amongst all the other good stuff of course

Yes, on initial "flick through", Tim's re-parallaxing article looks to be another very informative one from this knowledgeable chap.

Can't wait to get stuck into Jim's technical tutorial.

John's vintage articles are always educational.

And that bloke who does the fettling articles......his name escapes me right now......that looks to be another entertaining instalment from him, this time featuring the Pro Sport.

Terry's follow up on that useful looking, real-world priced Webley is most anticipated, as is Gary's pellet mutilating article.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

ive just been giving some early ones that a good friend found in a loft find

Happy reading.

Lovely to bring some old memories flooding back.

Any Rod Linton instalments amongst them?

never had a chance to go through them yet theres about 30 they were in a cardboard box so are in very good condition

Can't see the magazines surviving. I had not realised that my subscription to AGW & AGr had expired at the end of November until I read this thread. I emailed for an update of my subscription status but did not receive a reply. Today I phoned Archant who informed me my subscription had expired.I was not offered any incentive to renew. I am aware that there are often very good subscription deals with codes inside the magazines so I did not automatically renew my subscription by phone. My local Tesco do not appear to stock air gun mags any more so went to Smiths where I purchased a wrapped copy of January AGW and a wrapped copy of Jan AGr. I was somewhat bemused to find that the wrapped copy of AGr also contained the January copy of AGW.

I appreciate this was entirely my fault but a simple email would have had me renewing my subscription in time. I haven't seen a copy of Air Gun Shooter since the lock down at the beginning of the year. I won't purchase this mag without looking at it first as I tend to think it can be page after page of dead corvid which is not why I buy an airgun mag. W H Smiths now shares its floor space with The Post Office so I am not going to stand at the end of a long queue on the street. I would have thought people would be more inclined to read magazines at this moment in time but its not made easy

i look forward to receving my mags

Quote Originally Posted by Carl2 View Post
    Can't see the magazines surviving. I had not realised that my subscription to AGW & AGr had expired at the end of November until I read this thread. I emailed for an update of my subscription status but did not receive a reply. Today I phoned Archant who informed me my subscription had expired.I was not offered any incentive to renew. I am aware that there are often very good subscription deals with codes inside the magazines so I did not automatically renew my subscription by phone. My local Tesco do not appear to stock air gun mags any more so went to Smiths where I purchased a wrapped copy of January AGW and a wrapped copy of Jan AGr. I was somewhat bemused to find that the wrapped copy of AGr also contained the January copy of AGW.

I appreciate this was entirely my fault but a simple email would have had me renewing my subscription in time. I haven't seen a copy of Air Gun Shooter since the lock down at the beginning of the year. I won't purchase this mag without looking at it first as I tend to think it can be page after page of dead corvid which is not why I buy an airgun mag. W H Smiths now shares its floor space with The Post Office so I am not going to stand at the end of a long queue on the street. I would have thought people would be more inclined to read magazines at this moment in time but its not made easy
    I'm not sure if there were different ways of setting up the subscriptions as mine just seems to roll on.

Re shops and supermarkets.......the last time I walked into our local Smith's, all three of the main airgun publications were there plus a few of the "spin-off specials".

Pre-Covid I used to be very naughty in our local Morrison's supermarket, where they stock Airgun World......I'd randomly grab a few copies and re-distribute them amongst the other magazines on the shelves to give them a more prominent position. The Mrs would chunter and walk off in disgust. I was only trying to help educate the wider public and try and sell Terry & Co a few more issues.

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    I'm enjoying it Tony. Good feature by Tim F on re-parallaxing, amongst all the other good stuff of course
    I liked to article on the Hiller book

Dennis' book is a mine of information.
    Will be featuring a cracker by Quentin Cobham next time, thanks for the help on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I liked to article on the Hiller book
    Dennis was a real character when he was trading. His regular mailings were really something to look forward to every few weeks and a great source of new acquisitions for collectors. The jokes were great too and Dennis was always a gent either over the phone or in person.

Dennis was quite ill a couple of years ago and recovery was envisaged to take at least a year - does anyone know how he is?

John M

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    AGW and Airgun Shooter or something like that
    Everyone on another forum I believe airgunforum, was bragging bout that last one being so much better than AGW and Airgunner...well havent noticed yet

LOL Yana that's 'cos most them there on that forum are probably writing for that magazine

I find it strange that some people complain about the adverts. You do not have to read the ads and without the advertisers paying to advertise their goods I doubt if there would be a magazine at all, digital or hard copy. or if there was, the price would be much higher. And without the ads it might be far more difficult to become aware of what is available. So accept them for what they are.. a window on the product world and if you don't like them, pass them by.
    Cheers, Phil