Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: problems with gunshop

problems with gunshop

has anyone ever had dealings with city air weapons
    I am giving the bloke some lea way to put problem right because of Christmas and lockdown
    but to say the least I am not happy after spending £1100 quid and still not got a useable gun
    faulty mag ---no replacement available --------so he says ---------

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Which one?

There's more than one, one in particular is a bit of a legend.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Hello, what rifle did you buy? Is it only the magazine problem?

Quote Originally Posted by clive s 400 View Post
    I am giving the bloke some lea way to put problem right because of Christmas and lockdown
    but to say the least I am not happy after spending £1100 quid and still not got a useable gun

Under the current situation with the holidays and corvid restrictions it probably would be best if you gave them a bit of time to sort things out, after all it does no one any good when a company is slagged off on the forums, patience is a virtue as they say.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Which one?

There's more than one, one in particular is a bit of a legend.

Dave
    I once asked the one in Lincoln for photos of a used rifle they had listed as I'm in Devon, his reply was "if you want to see it, visit the shop"

If it's a new rifle & he will not help, contact the importer/manufacturer direct tell them what's happened, they will usually order the dealer to sort it or lose their custom.
    Last edited by angrybear; 29-12-2020 at 11:07 AM.

not a good attitude for a shop to take when you are so far away

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I once asked the one in Lincoln for photos of a used rifle they had listed as I'm in Devon, his reply was "if you want to see it, visit the shop"

If it's a new rifle & he will not help, contact the importer/manufacturer direct tell them what's happened, they will usually order the dealer to sort it or lose their custom.
    A very tame response, you got off very lightly.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    not a good attitude for a shop to take when you are so far away
    They all have their own business models.

Some shops are owned by, or employ staff with people skills. Sometimes such skills are deficient in owner or employees or both.

Some shops have those advantageuos skills, plus people with information technology and photograpy skills - which may or may not be sufficient to accurately convey the condition of an airgun to a particular prospective buyer. In the case of 'not' there can be agro after said prospective buyer has travelled far.

Much safer and simpler to let the dog see the rabbit and then take it or not take it.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    A very tame response, you got off very lightly.

Dave
    Oh, there was a bit more to it than that, phones don't have a swear filter, but that was the short/polite version.

What gun is it bud,

bad shop

its a brocock compato ---first gun went back faulty would not charge up --it was exchainged but had to pay more as it was the upgraded huma one
    new ones box was opem and no mag or filler probe so was given them separate --- when I got home and tried it it was pants --had to wait till Monday to contact shop was told he could not help he had not got one wait till after x mas and he would sort it

its a brocock compato ---first gun went back faulty would not charge up --it was exchainged but had to pay more as it was the upgraded huma one
    new ones box was opem and no mag or filler probe so was given them separate --- when I got home and tried it it was pants --had to wait till Monday to contact shop was told he could not help he had not got one wait till after x mas and he would sort it
    OK, well that is somewhat different than the impression given by your first post.

It sounds like you exchanged/upgraded just with what he had in stock at the shop, rather than have him obtain a replacement from the manufacturer.

I know you want your new toy 'right now' but if you didn't originally go for the Huma you should have demanded he contact them then & there to order a replacement same model as yours, or give you a refund.
    I've been there, it's disappointing but that's that.
    Think yourself lucky it's not FAC with all the paperwork involved, mine was.

If the replacement's box was open then there's no way to know if it was "new", was the box the original came in open? or did you buy the ex-display item.

If he's said he will sort it once the holidays are done, you just have to accept the delay given the ongoing situation, & time of year.
    equally if you didn't/don't want the Huma upgrade, tell him you're retuning that as not fit for purpose refund the upgrade & get a replacement for your first one & you expect to get it new & still sealed.

Hopefully this new lockdown doesn't cause further delay with the shop shut, but if it does contact Brocock direct & explain the situation, have it written down so they get the full story.

brocock

hello mate why not send the mag to daystate as they own broccock
    air arms s400 with old school tasco 3/9/56 and bruno bear springer x lurcher no silencer yet AND MY SON ASH

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    ....If the replacement's box was open then there's no way to know if it was "new", .....
    Now there's a point.

Working in retail for 20 years, we never 'took the word of the manufacturer' that all was well with their products. EVERY product we sold had had their boxes opened so that our PDI Department (AKA Jim) could use expensive test gear to verify each product met its spec. Very occasionally it didn't, and was either adjusted or at worst sent back to the manufacturer.

There was a bod who absolutely insisted on buying a product which had not been opened despite our explanations. He got one. One which was therefore pre pre delivery inspection. There was no problem.

Maybe rifles are simpler and therefore never need a final final check.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Quote Originally Posted by theratfisherman View Post
    hello mate why not send the mag to daystate as they own broccock
    Because his contract is with the seller - Daystate have no connection whatsoever with the sale. I would buy one and send the seller the bill.