Thread: Webley Overlever mainsprings from Protek - any good?

Webley Overlever mainsprings from Protek - any good?

Protek supplies are doing a 7.4” long with 32.5 turns, round section. Mainspring for webley pistols for £9.50.

Has anyone used these and in what gun and what sort of power did they get given a junior is lower power then a hurricane and these springs seem to be a fit all?

Most Webley air pistols can accommodate the same spring, excepting the Junior.

Protek have a good reputation and Vic is an long term collector, so I'm sure the Webley mainsprings are fine.

John M

I have used their Airsporter spring with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

Protek have a good reputation and Vic is an long term collector, so I'm sure the Webley mainsprings are fine.

John M
    Agree fully with these comments, Protek a good company.

John M
    I would add that I have used Protek's BSA Meteor springs (Mk 1 - 6) in a number of BSAs and they work fine.

John M

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I would add that I have used Protek's BSA Meteor springs (Mk 1 - 6) in a number of BSAs and they work fine.

John M
    Just asking John--Is that the Meteor Mk1-Mk5 ? As the Mk6 is a Gamo and a different spring I think and a differnet part number according to the Chambers site.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Just asking John--Is that the Meteor Mk1-Mk5 ? As the Mk6 is a Gamo and a different spring I think and a differnet part number according to the Chambers site.
    I think the Mk 6 still has the same length cylinder as earlier models. It was made from part British and partly Spanish components but as I don't own one, I may be wrong on the dimensions. Certainly and as you say the wholly British made Mk1 to 5 Meteors shared the same cylinder dimensions. The Mark 7 was a completely different rifle with a longer cylinder - IMHO the only element it shared with earlier Meteors was the name

John

I think the Mk 6 still has the same length cylinder as earlier models. It was made from part British and partly Spanish components but as I don't own one, I may be wrong on the dimensions. Certainly and as you say the wholly British made Mk1 to 5 Meteors shared the same cylinder dimensions. The Mark 7 was a completely different rifle with a longer cylinder - IMHO the only element it shared with earlier Meteors was the name

John
    Just measured a used but still quite good Meteor Mk6/Gamo spring, plus several collapsed springs I have pulled from old mk3-5 meteors.
    Keep in mind that my worn digital caliper may not be measuring the hundreths of a mm accurately, but the measurements should be quite
    close on the tenths.

Mk6/Gamo:
    Wire diameter: 3,0 mm
    Coil ID: 13,5mm
    Number of Coils: 36, counting both ground end coils.

Pulled from old Mk3-4-5 Meteors, with no guarantee that they were original:
    Wire diameter: 3,0 - 3,1mm
    Coil ID: 12,7-13,5mm
    Number of coils: 35-36 counting both ground end coils

I havent measured the cylinders/spring room and stroke lengths, as I dont have time to take guns apart right now.
    But I'm using Maccaris Meteor spring in mk 3-4-5 and 6 Meteors with good results.

Differing part numbers may be because the Mk6 used a Gamo spring?