Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haenel Model 1 info

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Haenel Model 1 info

My cousins husband has got an old Haenel Model one. Ive not got the date of it yet , but he says it has a safety catch on it, but the catch is broken (awaiting more info). It is different to the one on Dannys site https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-i-circa-1930/
    as that does not have a safety.
    If anyone could supply any information/ put up pics (particularly of the safety catch) and knows where he might obtain a spare catch from it would be appreciated. He would like to get it to orignal spec.
    Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Is it possible that what he refers to as a "safety catch" is actually the barrel locking latch?

Don R.

Are you sure your cousins husband doesn't mean the barrel catch?
    Have been looking in the books and I could not find a model I with a safety catch.

===============
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    Are you sure your cousins husband doesn't mean the barrel catch?
    Have been looking in the books and I could not find a model I with a safety catch.

===============
    Frank
    I think the last model 1 before the war had a 33 Sportmodell-style thumb 'flip' safety catch. Saw a pic of one once but apparently didn't keep it.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thumbs up

I have one Guy, Mine has a strange stock on it, was told it's Elm!!, No safety on mine..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I have one Guy, Mine has a strange stock on it, was told it's Elm!!, No safety on mine..

John
    Lovely looking rifle,the grain and colour on that stock really pop’s.
    It reminds me of some Ipe hardwood that I used.
    Atb
    Les..

Pics of the rifle mentioned by the OP:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....l-1/#post-5912
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Pics of the rifle mentioned by the OP:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....l-1/#post-5912
    Thanks Danny Now if anybody has a good pic of the proper safety on one or the sport model 33, then he is in with a chance of getting one made if he cannot buy one. Is it aluminium/ monkey metal or something else?

Does anybody have one by any chance? Its always worth asking
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Does anyone know if the "Safety wing" off the model 49 will fit? Sportswaffen schneider have one in. Here https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...f54d2f798aff77

You can turn on the translate after getting to the page.
    Last edited by ggggr; 14-01-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Is the owner assuming this safety catch is a replacement (ie steel vs an alloy original)? If so, this may or may not be right.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

I have a mod one with a flag safety at the end of the compression cylinder it also has an articulated cocking link. I'll get a photo later. It was made in June 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by badfish View Post
    I have a mod one with a flag safety at the end of the compression cylinder it also has an articulated cocking link. I'll get a photo later. It was made in June 1939.
    Thanks

Is the owner assuming this safety catch is a replacement (ie steel vs an alloy original)? If so, this may or may not be right.
    The one one his gun is what somebody has made. On the sportwaffen site they had a new one and an old one. I said that for the money of the used one it was worth a punt. If it fitted and it is an old one then it will be of a similar age as the gun.
    The rifle is not here Danny and I've never seen it in real life.
    I suggested emailing the pics to you and hope that something turns up.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    The one one his gun is what somebody has made. On the sportwaffen site they had a new one and an old one. I said that for the money of the used one it was worth a punt. If it fitted and it is an old one then it will be of a similar age as the gun.
    The rifle is not here Danny and I've never seen it in real life.
    I suggested emailing the pics to you and hope that something turns up.
    Thanks
    Granted it looks a bit clunky and is not quite the same colour as the rest of the metalwork, but it's not a slam dunk that it's homemade

IMO. I'm not sure it' a part likely to need replacing and I think it's just possible it's the original.

In any case, the chances of finding another original are slim at best. But you never know.
    Last edited by Garvin; 14-01-2021 at 11:14 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Granted it looks a bit clunky and is not quite the same colour as the rest of the metalwork, but it's not a slam dunk that it's homemade

IMO. I'm not sure it' a part likely to need replacing and I think it's just possible it's the original.

In any case, the chances of finding another original are slim at best. But you never know.
    Im pretty sure he said that the one on the gun had been made by somebody---I'll have to ask what happened?
    I think with some of the older stuff that if a repair/ bodge had been done many years ago it is a part of the guns history and character.