Thread: Antique or Steam Punk ?

Antique or Steam Punk ?

Some strange items on Gun* , cane mechanism air pistol & others. with strange prices ? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by cringe View Post
    Some strange items on Gun* , cane mechanism air pistol & others. with strange prices ? What do you think?
    He explains in the blurb that these are either reproductions (one based on an old air cane) or conversions. All using CO2 bulbs.

Air pistol/carbine built around an air cane mechanism marked J.T works with .177 round ball pellets & screw nosed 12 Gm Co2 sparklets. cocking key included £295 price includes U.K mainland postage.

2. Also available an old copy of a Lukens system butt reservoir air rifle in .177 calibre works with a standard 12gm or 88gm Co2 cartridge, an elegant & fun to shoot air rifle £895 posted within the U.K
    3. A Co2 conversion Swedish Excellent air rifle in 5.4 mm featuring a mirror bore paradox rifled barrel in fabulous condition utilizing a standard 12gm Co2 capsule & includes a full carton of excellent 5.4mm copper coated balls , about as good & usable an example of this strange Continental air rifle, which with the Co2 conversion shows it's true potential as a competitive target air rifle ( v. accurate) £500 posted within the U.K
    ***POSSIBLE TRADES PLEASE CONTACT ***
    thanks for looking
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Pricey

Sounds nice but pricey and anyway wot exactly is a ' mirror bore paradox rifled barrel ' .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Sounds nice but pricey and anyway wot exactly is a ' mirror bore paradox rifled barrel ' .
    I think he is referring to the standard barrels fitted the Excellent and Bahco type rifles. I have resealed them and they have a high quality smooth bore quite far up the barrel with rifling near the muzzle end. They have a 5.4 mm bore so I had to resize 5.5 pellets. See the Bahco below...

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

It's exactly what it says it is. A polished smoothbore ending with a few inches of rifling. much better than inventing terms such as 'Smooth Twist' as FX have done for the same thing. Paradox rifling has been about even before Holland and Holland 'invented' it and gave it a name in the 1880s

Nice Baz

Loverly looking piece that Baz .
    Webley Womble so its true there is nowt new under the sun . Read years ago about the new barrels BTAS were making .
    A write-up in one the mags a long time back showing the hydraulic press they were using to press the barrel muzzle ends .
    Cannt remember the association between BTAS and the Swedes .
    Steam Punk Gear - from what I have read elsewhere about this weird gear think it may hang around for a very long while by how difficult it is to allegedly strike a deal up . Strange doings .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 19-01-2021 at 04:29 PM.

I like steam punk

Webley Womble so its true there is nowt new under the sun . Read years ago about the new barrels BTAS were making .
    A write-up in one the mags a long time back showing the hydraulic press they were using to press the barrel muzzle ends .
    Steam Punk Gear - from what I have read elsewhere about this weird gear think it may hang around for a very long while by how difficult it is to allegedly strike a deal up . Strange doings .
    I like that 'steam punk' ! not many people on here have made an an air gun from 'scratch' [ccjd excluded] I have made several & made mistakes, & they have mostly come out as totally illegal [so don't ask]! I will have a look a round around & see if I can put some pic's up?

I like steam punk

I like that 'steam punk' ! not many people on here have made an an air gun from 'scratch' [ccjd excluded] I have made several & made mistakes, & they have mostly come out as totally illegal [so don't ask]! I will have a look a round & see if I can put some pic's up? when I master the computer?
    Last edited by cringe; 19-01-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cringe View Post
    I like that 'steam punk' ! not many people on here have made an an air gun from 'scratch' [ccjd excluded] I have made several & made mistakes, & they have mostly come out as totally illegal [so don't ask]! I will have a look a round & see if I can put some pic's up? when I master the computer?
    Any rifle that is unique is a breath of fresh air to the pellet shooting world, what mechs did you go with, springers or pcp ?
    Hw77+7