Thread: Newbie from New Zealand

Red face Newbie from New Zealand

Hi All,

I am an airgun enthusiast from New Zealand. I enjoy shooting springers and have a small collection of them. I try to collect shooters, but recently bought a BSA Buccaneer(thumbhole) from the 80's even though I am left-handed.

The knowledge from some members here have helped me a lot with a few projects.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Welcome to the forum.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Welcome aboard mate, nice to have you join us.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Hi there ! can you give us in the UK some info as to whats the airgun scene like there regarding whats available maker wise. Are airguns regarded as to toys or are they considered a high powered lethal weapon with restrictions on able to purchase and use ? I'm sure that you will enlighten us here as to the NZ airgun scene. Welcome.

welcome to the forum bud

Thanks for the welcome.
    You need a licence to own a PCP air rifle here. Airguns definitely not seen as toys, but you can buy springers without a licence if you are over 18 years old.
    There are a good amount of vintage pistols around, especially Webley's. I have seen some Japanese made air rifles like SAR, Indian and Taiyo too.

I was lucky enough to purchase a FWB 124 and 300s in 2020, but not heaps of collectable rifles around in general. We are somewhat secluded here in Dunedin. Definitely more options on the north island.

Thumbs up

Hi and welcome to the forum....
    TX200 Mk2. 5.0mm cal. TX200 Mk3. 6.35mm cal. Hw 99s 5.0mm cal. Hw57 5.5mm cal, re engineered pop up breech removed, 22mm piston bore. Lots of others. TAGS member also..

Hi from another Kiwi (although been a long time since I lived there). I was a northern boy though

Dunedin is about the only place we didn’t get to on our three months tour of NZ. Absolutely loved the country though and it’s current leadership is very appealing.
    Been tempted to ship our campervan over there and do another tour!
    An old school friend lives in Dunedin; I think he does car importing.