Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Springer spec. opinion please

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Really interesting thread this, thanks for posting, Can I ask why you cut down the spring further, was it in the spirit of experimentation?? Also, I find it unusual that the FTT are giving high energy readings, in my experience they can be quite tight and thus drop the ME. Cheers Max
    Two reasons. Wanting low cocking effort/recoil etc and as you say learn as we go. All the pellets are 4.52 if that helps.

Maybe the FTT are just a good fit in your barrel. The head size figures on the tins are not really an accurate guide to actual size in my experience but one things for sure, the different sizes do perform significantly differently from one another in the same guns. Usually more evident in the accuracy stakes than ME though.
    Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

It seems Falcon Accuracy Plus would be interesting/informative but none to hand.

Definitely worth trying the Falcon Accuracy Plus. At 7.33 grains and with soft, thin skirt, giving a very low release pressure, these can often give the highest energy readings in springers (subject to gun set-up, of course). The JSB Exact RS is the same weight. The FAP is made by JSB. I don't know if the pellets are EXACTLY the same or if there might be any small differences?..
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Definitely worth trying the Falcon Accuracy Plus. At 7.33 grains and with soft, thin skirt, giving a very low release pressure, these can often give the highest energy readings in springers (subject to gun set-up, of course). The JSB Exact RS is the same weight. The FAP is made by JSB. I don't know if the pellets are EXACTLY the same or if there might be any small differences?..
    Hi Tony, I have both to compare and they do shoot differently in the same gun so suspect different moulds at the factory. In 177 I have yet to find a gun that they are the best in, and I have a few 😁
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hi Tony, I have both to compare and they do shoot differently in the same gun so suspect different moulds at the factory. In 177 I have yet to find a gun that they are the best in, and I have a few 😁
    Cheers for that, maximus.. Re the performance, are you referring to accuracy?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Yes, accuracy, M.E. is not an issue with these as I'm sure you're aware
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Well I've just stumbled upon this thread, nice to see that a Lightning is getting some TLC, normally they get a slating for their build quality and horrid shooting characteristics, now how much of a difference in proceedings would a 10" .25 Lightning barrel make, when compared to the .177?

Would we be using the same sort of figures? (TP size etc).

Although mine is an early Supersport with Lightning barrel.

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in