Thread: Rti prophet/priest?

Rti prophet/priest?

These look quite interesting but a big departure from anything else I have owned before. Has anyone owned or own one of these long term or even briefly? What are your opinions on them?

Quote Originally Posted by chimpy leon View Post
    These look quite interesting but a big departure from anything else I have owned before. Has anyone owned or own one of these long term or even briefly? What are your opinions on them?
    Andy s airgun reviews on utube gives a good review

prophet

ive just picked one up in 22 out of the box i was hitting ten p groups at 50 yards really amazing a little bit quirky 12 shot mag easy to load city air weapons are the importer birmingham ,solware alsa bring them in
    air arms s400 with old school tasco 3/9/56 and bruno bear springer x lurcher no silencer yet AND MY SON ASH

ive only read the reviews on them but the reviews have been good

Prophet .25

Had a FAC Prophet .25 for 6 months. I think it will be kept for the long term.

Shooting 34gr JSB Mk2 Heavy at 815 fps nicely. Same kind of accuracy as a .25 Cricket, but a lot lighter and more friendly for left handed shooters.

Fairly quiet with a Mini Magna on it.

Good guns and a decent company to communicate with. Lot of support from "Mr Rob". Easy to strip down as well.

Adjustable regulator, hammer spring and carbon fibre bottle are recommended.

Just depends if you like well engineered minimalist design ... probably the total opposite of the electronic daystate rifles etc etc.
    Last edited by JRLA; 11-01-2021 at 05:56 PM. Reason: More info

RTI Prophet

I bought an FAC .22 Prophet just prior to Christmas and it is amazing.

Power is totally at your discretion but I am running 16grn AA’s at 1040fps (approx. 38ft.lbs) with pinpoint accuracy. I have shot them at 1080 (accidentally having set it up for 18 grners) and the still no issue but they cracked like a 1.77hmr.
    Off a bipod 12mm spinners at a measured 60 yards no problem. I do expect this long range barrel to be just as good at 100.
    Shot count is stellar and most surprising is its virtual silence fitted with a standard length Huggett. In fact it is so quiet without a pellet it sounds like a 6ftlb gun.
    I am trying to find something shorter though which is just as effective - any suggestions?
    Not so good points - its heavier than I expected. Weight was one of the reasons I bought it and it’s heft surprised me but its built like a tank and balance is good, so happy to live with that.
    Magazines - the design has, I believe been changed three times. The first was criticised on the MK1 Priest, the Mk2 seemed to overcome the issues then mine came with a completely open backed version which was great for filling but inherently weak and broke when it cycled past a few empty chambers and snapped off the very flimsy pellet stop. I think they are aware as I have a new one on the way FOC - lets hope it is a mk4 version. I have a Carm mag on the way as well. Single loading is actually very simple due to the large opening.
    Overall I would highly recommend it and its something different, did I mention it only has 7 ‘O’ rings!

i was wondering what they would be like in fac sound great

Apart from the mag issues Sounds very good indeed. I imagine shot count is ridiculously high in .22 sub 12 ftlbs?

7 o rings you say?? - That sort of simplicity really appeals to me. And I’d take a nice piece of mechanical engineering over electronic gizmos many day.

Am I right in thinking the .22 barrels are made by CZ?

Carm magazines are the way to go. Easier loading of pellets into the mag than original ones. Better accuracy too.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

RTI Prophet

CZ barrels in the Priests I believe, its a special very slow (1 in 32 “) twist long range, pellet only barrel in the Prophet (in .22) made by LW.
    It works, pellet stability up to SOS - brilliant.
    As I have rim and centrefires I have no interest in firing slugs, for me it negates one of the main advantages of air rifles.

Carm magazines no good for left handers unfortunately.

Hugget Mini Magna moderator works nicely

I'm on the latest version of .25 Magazines and all is good.

RTI Prophet

I tried a Donny fl Tatsu, short but fat - greater internal volume than the standard length Huggett but nowhere near as quiet, looked great!

Can they be made any better?

Also thinking of making some form of baffle / stripper to insert into the shroud to try to push some of the blast back and help out a bit.

I had the early version well two of them both had to go back and my mate bought one the same had to go back but my other mate has the new version now for a few months and it's shooting spot on with no problems so basically stay away from the early mk1 version
    Fx impact fx wildcat mk3 fx dreamline compact tac fx verminator mk2 and a few pistols

Quote Originally Posted by staffy1 View Post
    I had the early version well two of them both had to go back and my mate bought one the same had to go back but my other mate has the new version now for a few months and it's shooting spot on with no problems so basically stay away from the early mk1 version
    Can I ask what issues you had with the mk1's? I've owned an early MK1 for a couple of years and it's been faultless.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.