Thread: Wolverines

Wolverines

I am fancying a wolverine and am just needing to know the difference before dropping a load of loot on possibly the wrong gun.
    Firstly why do people say leave daystates alone as the service now is terrible? What's the warranty like?
    What's the difference between a wolverine 2 C regulated and a wolverine R that warrants 200 quid?
    What's the hi lite bit?
    Why do laminate stocks cost more when walnut will look better everyday of the week?

Daystates are good rifles - I've never used a nicer trigger.

All manufacturers will have an unhappy customer at some point and, people tend to shout louder when things go wrong.
    They're pricey kit and, servicing and maintenance can also be expensive but, there are other companies out there if you chose not to deal direct with Daystate.

I've had 2 Airwolfs, a Mk3 and a Merlyn - they were all very good rifles and, none of them put a foot wrong.
    Despite how nice they were to use, I moved them on because I just couldn't get my head round having electronics on a rifle.

Before you make your mind up either way, have a read through the Daystate Owners Group forum - there's lots of info and knowledge on there 👍

All of the above.

Hello Japster, I’ve had a wolverine r hilite !
    The r means it is regulated and hilite means it has a carbon bottle fitted.The c denotes it has a cylinder.
    Mine was very accurate with a huge shot count.
    It was pre owned when I got it and it had a huggett shroud and snipe silencer fitted,so very quiet.
    This made it a lot shorter than having a silencer fitted on standard gun ,so better handling imo.
    I thought it was a great gun but sold it on as I was going through one of those well known phases.
    Wouldn’t hesitate getting it back .
    Last edited by nuggs; 15-02-2021 at 08:25 AM.

i liked mine a lot the electronic side i was not keen on

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Wolverines are purely mechanical guns, so anyone who does not like electronics should be fairly confident they can be tweaked and serviced anywhere just like any other mechanical gun.

The Hi Lite is the carbon bottle type with a huge shot count and a light front end, the C model is a cylinder with a lower shot count and slimmer appearance. The R denotes the Huma Regulated versions, so top end is a Laminate Wolverine R Hi Lite, bottom end is a Wolverine C with beach stock. They all perform pretty well though, but the Wolverine R is just excellent

Daystate stopped speaking to customers by phone a couple of years back which was unpopular with people, although they will still reply to an email, but they can be less than helpful at times. The warranty is 3 years, non transferable, but they do sort anything out and don't leave you stuck, although again, timescales are the complaint people tend to have of they ha to use it, but most don't.

I've had loads of Daystates and could count the number of issues on one had over 10 years and 40+ guns

Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Yes in all fairness they are super guns, I've had the wolf, mk3 huntsman's and still got my air ranger. They have spanned near 15 years or so, Bought and changed 2 batteries in my mk3 but in all fairness I bought it non working, The wolf had issues when I bought it and a barrel band and a slight tightening of the filler valve sorted that, One of the huntsman's was low on power and that can be adjusted from outside of the action, Very easy DIY job, My ranger was new in 2012 and I just changed the fill valve seals about 2 months ago at a cost of £5 for both dowty and piston seals. So in all them years I spent about £90 on all the daystates, Look at the likes of the hw100 and bsa r10, Well enough said, Just check the problems posted online. I would defo check online for any common problems that the wolverine have had before buying but that would be with any gun , They ain't cheap no more. It's the one reason why I've held on to the ranger as the gun as been faultless apart from the fill valve seals in the last 11 years,

Very expensive Rapid copy.
    Had 2x Daystates in the past and both broke.
    Find a good Rapid 17FT, far superior built rifle.
    I have had mine 20 years, tens of thousands of rounds, had one service and had a Ben Taylor reg fitted. Never misses a beat.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrman View Post
    Very expensive Rapid copy.
    Had 2x Daystates in the past and both broke.
    Find a good Rapid 17FT, far superior built rifle.
    I have had mine 20 years, tens of thousands of rounds, had one service and had a Ben Taylor reg fitted. Never misses a beat.
    Buy rapid, Buy once , I've had mk mk2 years and only ever needed the reg serviced and that was partly my fault, But hey for about £20 it was sorted and back on the gun, My mk1 is a 1995 model and the last owners bought it from new and basically just stored it, I've had it a few years now and never needed anything doing to it, Myself looking at the newer guns they just seem to be overpriced and not without problems either , You wont beat a looked after AA s410 for reliability if the buddy bottle is not your preference. Still prefer my mk1 rapid though over anything else that I've had, And there are plenty of chaps on the forums who are more than happy to help if you should have a problem,

I have a mk1 wolverine and I am very happy with it. I had a few teething problems at the start but this was all to do with the mag plate coming loose and pushing the magazine up ever so slightly . It was just a case of screwing it down when it came loose. Mine is not regulated so you have to play around to find the sweet spot but when you do they are very accurate. You won’t have this problem with the wolverine r. I have owned or used pretty much every air gun down the years and the wolverine has the best action and best balance of the lot and they look great too.

It you are worried about servicing costs then some shops will give you a lifetime of free servicing which can be worth having .

Go for it you won’t be disappointed.

Daystates

Never had a Daystate, but always fancied a Huntsman. My friend has had quite a few and looking at them made me envious, I must admit. A couple of years ago his latest buy went wonky to say the least and spent along time in the workshop. During this time I loaned him one of my MK1 Rapids and it took me a long time to get it back. He even offered to swap his latest electronic rifle for mine. I refused but said he could BORROW it a while longer untill he sold his Daystate. He now has two Rapids a MK1 and a MK2 vowing to never buy a Daystate again. I think that if Daystate improved their customer care a lot more people would be happier with their rifles. Only my opinion though. Ken.