Thread: Help needed- Webley Vulcan

Help needed- Webley Vulcan

I have this WebleyVulcan I want to sell. Its 50-60 years old, serial number 903849. I took it in exchange for some repair work thinking I would get back into shooting again. Long and short. I'm not! Fired it about 6 times at a target 35 yards away and all six grouped on a 3" circle. Might have been better if wasn't 30 years since I fired a gun!!!

Anyway will try to attach pics. Need advice on a reasonable price for the lot. Been told the leather case cost £100 but don't know. Case, cleaning kit and pellets included.

Can't seem to put pics on here. Need help.

Thanks

James

Welcome to the BBS.

It won’t be quite as old as you think. Vulcans were made 1979-2000.

They typically go from £50-120 in condition varying from awful to very nice. More if they have special features like a walnut stock.

To be honest, if you haven’t fired a gun in 30 years, and you put your first six in 3” at that range from a light springer, that’s not bad - you might like to keep practicing.

ive got 7 vulcans,going off that serial number its going to be around 1990
    ive paid between 40 and 120 for them,a little more if its checkered walnut
    ill send you a pm with my email address,send me some pics and ill post them for you

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    As above, we have all had a Vulcan

Bought mine in 1984 from a shop long since disappeared.

Prices as above, good ones are just over the ton, with an average one below it, and the tatty stuff costing about the same as a family meal from Domino's - but not as good

Pictures essential for these
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Thumbs up

If the gunslip is real hide then you would probably be best selling it seperately to the rifle as they are quite expensive..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Don’t know if anyone else concurs but I had a mk1 Vulcan when I was 15 (which I could only use when accompanied by my brother in law) that was a cracker of a rifle which I shot really well, it was just one of those guns that I just very rarely missed what I shot at and also lovely to shoot, nice and smooth with no twang but some years later bought a mk2 which I could never get on with, question for you guys, was the mk1 a better rifle or was the mk2 a step up as it should be really being the newer rifle?.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by elewis411 View Post
    Don’t know if anyone else concurs but I had a mk1 Vulcan when I was 15 (which I could only use when accompanied by my brother in law) that was a cracker of a rifle which I shot really well, it was just one of those guns that I just very rarely missed what I shot at and also lovely to shoot, nice and smooth with no twang but some years later bought a mk2 which I could never get on with, question for you guys, was the mk1 a better rifle or was the mk2 a step up as it should be really being the newer rifle?.
    To me the MK2 was better, but thinking of it it's hard to say why Perhaps looks played a part or I'm just getting old
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I've been playing around with the Vulcan/Victor/Excel platform for some years, and they seem to have some individual variations
    which I dont think is directly related to which MK's you have. Stock fit, cylinder dimensions, trigger pull variation etc will give you varying results.
    After som experimentation I prefer using the later purple PU seal, combined with a somewhat reduced spring, giving about 10.5-11.5 fpe depending on calibre.

One of my favorites is a MK3 Vulcan with this setup, which seems to be as accurate as any gun in its class (recoiling breakbarrel full power springer)

I recently purchased a Vulcan MK1 in superb condition. It appears it was either tuned or was originally made that way. But it's one helluva smooth shooter. Smoother than my Theoben Fenman.

i have a vulcan serial 566559 how old would you say that is?
    thanks