Thread: Kalibregun capybara

Kalibregun capybara

hi guys thinking of getting a capybara rifle sub 12 ft/ lb ( not the giant guineapig) just wondering if any of you have one if you have have you experienced any problems or anything
    Is there any advice or tips on the using or running of one do’s and dont’s it will be used for pest control
    I’ve got multiple pcp s and 35 years experience
    I’ve watched a few you tube films of them just doing my homework
    I’m a .177 shooter but have to take the plunge as there only in .22
    I used to use .22 in my old spingers and had the od .22 pcp
    Any help or advice would be great
    Thanks guys

don't do it ...

K. Argus or Cricket 2 come in .177
    . . . Please INDICATE when overtaking cyclists !!

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    I would strongly suggest trying before you buy. the cocking on these is noisy and cumbersome, very much reminds me of the old Logun S16 which needs a "positive cocking effort" to ensure the gun is in the correct ready to fire position. I have had 4 different ones in my hands and they all have felt naff in my opinion. some owners have been too gentle when cocking and managed to jam up the barrel, this once resulted in a few guys having to strip one down on a picnic table

they were designed to run FAC power and Semi-Auto which I am assured makes them work much better, sadly, this is out of the UK's scope so really, the gun should have been left to those that can have and enjoy that sort of thing.

I would go for something along the lines of the Uragan, Vucan 2, Cricket or FX personally. Much nicer to handle

Quote Originally Posted by RapidOwner View Post
    hi guys thinking of getting a capybara rifle sub 12 ft/ lb ( not the giant guineapig) just wondering if any of you have one if you have have you experienced any problems or anything
    Is there any advice or tips on the using or running of one do’s and dont’s it will be used for pest control
    I’ve got multiple pcp s and 35 years experience
    I’ve watched a few you tube films of them just doing my homework
    I’m a .177 shooter but have to take the plunge as there only in .22
    I used to use .22 in my old spingers and had the od .22 pcp
    Any help or advice would be great
    Thanks guys
    Yes I have one and am extremely happy with it, as accurate as anything I have ever had and I have had most things over the past 40 years.. It's been faultless so far and very consistent with 15.89 JSB (not tried anything else as these tend to work well in most precharged guns.

The only fault I can think of is the wooden cheekpiece requires securing to the gun with something sticky (I used velcro dots), not sure why this could not be screwed on as standard but presumably there is a reason

I find it very comfortable to use. and especially for standing shots as it's easy to get a proper cheek weld which I have found is not the case on a lot of bullpups

The cocking effort on mine is very smooth at sub 12 and nothing like the S!6 which is indeed hideous but does load up at FAC levels

I am one of these weird people who does not like .177 as I do not shoot targets so it's either sub 12 or fac for me so as long as you don't want a .177 it's a great choice as far as I am concerned

I tried the Argus which is available in .177 but the balance was weird in my opinion and it looks bloody awful (subjective I know), but the Cricket is a great choice as well, I have had two of those in the past..

As you are in Tod, best thing to do though is if you like the look of them then you need to shoulder one rather than rely on anyones opinion which lets be honest are usually biased, I was about to say get to B.A.R to look at one as I know they have them in stock, but my brain is obviously addled and I almost forgot about this lockdown..

Still something to think about when it lifts

Atb..

Andy
    Last edited by clueless; 12-01-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by premierpistol View Post
    I would strongly suggest trying before you buy. the cocking on these is noisy and cumbersome, very much reminds me of the old Logun S16 which needs a "positive cocking effort" to ensure the gun is in the correct ready to fire position. I have had 4 different ones in my hands and they all have felt naff in my opinion. some owners have been too gentle when cocking and managed to jam up the barrel, this once resulted in a few guys having to strip one down on a picnic table

they were designed to run FAC power and Semi-Auto which I am assured makes them work much better, sadly, this is out of the UK's scope so really, the gun should have been left to those that can have and enjoy that sort of thing.

I would go for something along the lines of the Uragan, Vucan 2, Cricket or FX personally. Much nicer to handle
    Thanks for the heads up
    I’ve already got Vulcan 2 plus cricket/ uragan/ theoben rapid/ Daystate wolverine 2 so I’ve a few just fancied a capybara for about a year now I’ve also been looking at the Argus 45 but loveing the style of the capybara

Thanks clueless I’ve spoke to bar today they have them in but like you sead and I sead to the bar guys with lockdown on us I will be on to see you and a capybara when lockdown is over and we are free to move around
    Great to hear your coments guys
    I’ll know when I handle one and hopefully try before I buy at bar if I’ll add one to the family on the YouTube films they looking and acting goodddddd
    Once again guys much appreciated for your honesty and thoughts

I have an Argus 45 in .177 and its great, very accurate and side lever spot on, I shoot rabbit, rats and woodies with an occasional play at local range usually to get sighted in or new scope day lol, i have added a moderator as i find without it still has a bit of a bark.

Cheers Martin
    AGT Vixen .177
    Artemis P15 .22 for the boy.

Thanks guys appreciate your time and knowledge