Thread: Venom valuation help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Is a classic car a good buy? Many people think yes. But fundamentally its old technology, with all the trouble to find old parts, and less performance than something more modern.

Certainly there won't be any more made and Venom has some history to the "end to the spring era". Maybe there will always be some spring rifles made as they are pretty basic and great fun to shoot. Nostalgia is a great thing but eventually it will be PCP's that deliver that! Spring rifles will be for the historic collector.

Whatever invested in them then in truth they are great value. The fun of ownership and because they are just nice if not outright lovely. The return in ownership is the enjoyment from them, and you are likely to get your money back when its time to pass them on. Part of the hobby is cleaning and making sure they are kept in as good condition as possible.
    Heck, other than tying up some capital and some elbow grease they don't cost anything.

id say mach is spot on

Thanks for all the input guys, updating this for future reference for you.....as I said in my original post a few local guys had asked to buy this off me already, one I had promised first refusal to the other was very keen to get it off me and offered me 1200, obviously going by the valuations here I now know that was a very strong offer, today the first refusal matched that offer and has paid me via a transfer without even seeing the rifle in the flesh yet

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys, updating this for future reference for you.....as I said in my original post a few local guys had asked to buy this off me already, one I had promised first refusal to the other was very keen to get it off me and offered me 1200, obviously going by the valuations here I now know that was a very strong offer, today the first refusal matched that offer and has paid me via a transfer without even seeing the rifle in the flesh yet
    Well done on getting a good price for your lovely venom.
    I was a bit conservative on my valuation,and like Richard I am not surprised it went for a bit more.
    Atb
    Les..

I can only hope that it goes to a home where it gets used and enjoyed!

Nicely done sir.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

Venom 77

That's a great price. Hope it's gone to a good home. Mach 1.5

If someone has been looking for such an example for a while, and paying good money is the only way to secure it then thats the price.
    Never under estimate some people's buying power.
    Another day £750 might have been it. But the price you secured isn't wrong either for at least two people thought it was worth it to them. What price on your hobby? A lot of people didn't spend on their shooting this year so their boys toys war chest is groaning. Luck had it you had something they wanted...wanted quite bad.

I sold a sexier Venom for that price the other year. Ownership of either would be a pleasure. Of note there are a load of guns out there that just can't find a home for any price as they have no sex appeal. Venom brand is sexy.