Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venom valuation help

Venom valuation help

“Thinking” of parting with my Venom varminter hw77k stage 1 with a venom arms scope

I recently had Lyn check it over and service it for me and the original seals were handed back

I would appreciate any advice please guys as I have a few people that have asked to buy it but not sure what to ask if I decide to let it go

Thanks

https://postimg.cc/gallery/JR9VTcH

Lovely looking Venom you have there, especially with the Venom scope on top.
    I am no expert regarding Venom prices, but I would say £700 - £800 with scope.
    Mach 1.5 will have a better idea re price.
    Les..

Stage 1 tune so nothing too extraordinary, but does make it a Venom.
    No little extras like screws and bits to lift it to something more obviously custom.
    Tyrollean Stock which hasn't much colour to it, but very nice.
    Venom scopes are making silly money now, so adds a big wallop.
    .22 is fine for a Stage 1 tune, and plenty of people just like shooting .22's. A Venom .22 would make a change to any Venom collection with the more refined usually beinhg .177 for FT of that period in time.

Are there any papers to give it some extra provenance?

£500 to £600 for rifle, £200 for scope gives £700 to 800. More might be pushing it, less might get a swift sale.
    I'm no expert here, and just taking a gut feeling on its looks.

Venom 77 Varminter

I think my fellow members have covered most of it. Right then.
    1984/85 Venom 77 Varminter. Rifle would have been tuned etc at the gun barrel works cradley heath and the stock is period to 84/85. There was only a venom tune around at this time as the lazaglide system didn't hit the ground until 1987. The venom scope is a nice touch along with the set back trigger. All adds to a nice period custom 77.
    Value wise..£750. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 14-01-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Sounds fair enough,because to state the obvious, there won't be any more.

Thanks for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Thanks for the replies
    These 80s customs are always very popular when they come up for sale and when you break down the sale price you can maybe see why.

Reading another thread on here a standard 77 is now best part £500.

Sure, the Varminter stock is not the best bit of French walnut but it is French, try getting any French blank for under £200 these days. The stock must be worth £400-£500 on its own. Then there’s the silencer, lever grip, set back trigger and £200 of scope. Add in the Venom heritage and I think at £750 it’s a very good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post
    These 80s customs are always very popular when they come up for sale and when you break down the sale price you can maybe see why.

Reading another thread on here a standard 77 is now best part £500.

Sure, the Varminter stock is not the best bit of French walnut but it is French, try getting any French blank for under £200 these days. The stock must be worth £400-£500 on its own. Then there’s the silencer, lever grip, set back trigger and £200 of scope. Add in the Venom heritage and I think at £750 it’s a very good buy.
    I say this light heartedly Rusty, there are a few who would like to see you make a few one off's for sale
    or at a push just plain press gang you into it. lol
    Hw77+7

Is a classic car a good buy? Many people think yes. But fundamentally its old technology, with all the trouble to find old parts, and less performance than something more modern.

Certainly there won't be any more made and Venom has some history to the "end to the spring era". Maybe there will always be some spring rifles made as they are pretty basic and great fun to shoot. Nostalgia is a great thing but eventually it will be PCP's that deliver that! Spring rifles will be for the historic collector.

Whatever invested in them then in truth they are great value. The fun of ownership and because they are just nice if not outright lovely. The return in ownership is the enjoyment from them, and you are likely to get your money back when its time to pass them on. Part of the hobby is cleaning and making sure they are kept in as good condition as possible.
    Heck, other than tying up some capital and some elbow grease they don't cost anything.

id say mach is spot on

Thanks for all the input guys, updating this for future reference for you.....as I said in my original post a few local guys had asked to buy this off me already, one I had promised first refusal to the other was very keen to get it off me and offered me 1200, obviously going by the valuations here I now know that was a very strong offer, today the first refusal matched that offer and has paid me via a transfer without even seeing the rifle in the flesh yet

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    I say this light heartedly Rusty, there are a few who would like to see you make a few one off's for sale
    or at a push just plain press gang you into it. lol
    Too kind John, maybe it’s something to do when/if I retire, just for kicks. I certainly wouldn’t want to be doing it for a living these days.

I can’t say I’m surprised on the final sale price, seems about right to me.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys, updating this for future reference for you.....as I said in my original post a few local guys had asked to buy this off me already, one I had promised first refusal to the other was very keen to get it off me and offered me 1200, obviously going by the valuations here I now know that was a very strong offer, today the first refusal matched that offer and has paid me via a transfer without even seeing the rifle in the flesh yet
    Well done on getting a good price for your lovely venom.
    I was a bit conservative on my valuation,and like Richard I am not surprised it went for a bit more.
    Atb
    Les..

I can only hope that it goes to a home where it gets used and enjoyed!

Nicely done sir.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

Venom 77

That's a great price. Hope it's gone to a good home. Mach 1.5