Thread: tasco tr 6-24x40

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

tasco tr 6-24x40

Good afternoon I was wondering what’s the valve of a tasco tr 6-24x40 scope in very good condition I know I put the wrong one in the thread title

Cheers for looking

There was one in the sales section recently for £130 (IIRC inc postage), I bought one a while back on here for £85 posted.

I suggest somewhere between those prices pending condition, if it has all the original bits i.e. the extra elevation turret drums then possibly a bit more.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    There was one in the sales section recently for £130 (IIRC inc postage), I bought one a while back on here for £85 posted.

I suggest somewhere between those prices pending condition, if it has all the original bits i.e. the extra elevation turret drums then possibly a bit more.
    When you say you brought one a while back how long we talking bud

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    They're a good quality 90s scope but are obviously more than 20 years old now. I bought one for £70 off the bay 5 years ago, and another one for about £110. Depends on the condition, but £70-£135 is about right, maybe £150 for as new? People like mildots now and these have bracketing reticles and 1" bodies - old school.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    They're a good quality 90s scope but are obviously more than 20 years old now. I bought one for £70 off the bay 5 years ago, and another one for about £110. Depends on the condition, but £70-£135 is about right, maybe £150 for as new? People like mildots now and these have bracketing reticles and 1" bodies - old school.
    This one hasn’t got original box instructions or all the turrets but from the pictures I’ve seen very nice condition and was a fair price

Cheers

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran07 View Post
    This one hasn’t got original box instructions or all the turrets but from the pictures I’ve seen very nice condition and was a fair price

Cheers
    They're a really nice scope and I wish I had not sold mine. Quality Japanese work. Just make sure the parallax adjuster is not super-stiff. The smaller TR is good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran07 View Post
    When you say you brought one a while back how long we talking bud
    Apologies for the delay in replying.

I just checked back and it was July 2019 and I actually paid £100 posted for it. I got mixed up as there was another 6-24x40 TR in the same advert for £80 posted as it had a mark on it.

With these older scopes, they are nice but are a gamble as if anything goes wrong with them they are pretty much scrap.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Tasco scopes changed over time. To me they weren't the same by the time Deben became their UK Agent in the mid 90's. Tasco was always a selected range from various manufacturers and made to their specs to match their target market. Some Tascos were excellent, others not so great.

Their TR and longer scopes are best fitted to HW77 and Theobens. Anything with a longish action or underlever.
    FWB Sports are best with 4 or 3-9x40 scale scopes. A x32 with OP is 40mm scale too. A Sport to my mind is a up to 30m sporting rifle, whereas a HW77 goes beyond. So the former gains nothing from excessive magnification.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Tasco scopes changed over time. To me they weren't the same by the time Deben became their UK Agent in the mid 90's. Tasco was always a selected range from various manufacturers and made to their specs to match their target market. Some Tascos were excellent, others not so great.

Their TR and longer scopes are best fitted to HW77 and Theobens. Anything with a longish action or underlever.
    FWB Sports are best with 4 or 3-9x40 scale scopes. A x32 with OP is 40mm scale too. A Sport to my mind is a up to 30m sporting rifle, whereas a HW77 goes beyond. So the former gains nothing from excessive magnification.

Yeah I totally agree with what your saying as I say I quite like useing the fwb just with open sights
    I’ve been keeping my eye out for day a tasco omni view tv style preferably 3-9x40
    The tr turned up and I knew it was fair price so snapped it up more and likely will pass on after having a little try of it or I’ll just keep it on the back burner