Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
At a quick recollection, My boxed BSA Juvenile was from a general sale near Derby, just one other bidder on the phone otherwise I would have paid the opening price (£50 or so), My very crisp Model B was from the Malvern Flea, had walked round once, then saw a late comer piling piles of old stuff on a bench, could have had several gems but the B stood out. I once got a IMD sporting AND a late standard for £70 at Hereford in a household sale, Mk1 Airsporter for £30 and Model 50 match for £30 at the same car boot.

At another car boot I saw an old range box festooned with Eley and the like stickers, There was a 10X jacket and glove and a spotting scope / stand......the guy wanted £100 for the Parker Scope and stand which was very fair as mint, but my attention was drawn to a pile of tobacco tins nearby, as one had "GEHMANN" written on it....I opened the tin, foresight / diopter and elements!.....Quickly collected the rest and asked how much, the guy looked briefly at the contents and said .£2 each!!!!

I came home with 8 tins full to the brim of Parker Hale / other makes 1940's-1960's sights / apertures / eye pieces you name it, one of my best days, also got 2 PH .22 rimfire wooden range boxes for £1 each, shame to see someones stuff dispersed like that, but it all found good new homes over the next few months.

Other good one was a sale in Birmingham where I got the glass cased engraved light pattern on the opening bit.......in my fevered inagination every older guy in the room was a collector, but no interest at all apert from me, opening bid price again.

I won't even bore you with the pellets tins and emphemera

I normally avoid militaria and gun sales as the "names" are their with deep pockets, unless there was something I HAD to have.

Another tip...get friendly with local house clearance guys....that's where the real sleepers are to be found!

ATB, ED
You sir, are a jammy bugger....