Thread: Best Fittings Quickfill problem

Best Fittings Quickfill problem

Hi guys has anyone had a problem screwing the bottle into the quickfill unit? I recently bought one to fit my mk1 rapid and without forcing the bottle its binding on the threads and preventing a seal, its not been cross threaded by the way. I wonder ìf the buddy bottles have changed thread sizes!
    Any advice would be appreciated and I'm also awaiting a response from BEST FITTING Cheers Adrian

Adrian, did you put an o ring on the bottle when screwing in to the quick fill, if not you need to, as this takes up the space and seals as it would when screwed in to the gun.

yes thats what i had to do with mine when i had my rapid

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1 View Post
    Hi guys has anyone had a problem screwing the bottle into the quickfill unit? I recently bought one to fit my mk1 rapid and without forcing the bottle its binding on the threads and preventing a seal, its not been cross threaded by the way. I wonder ìf the buddy bottles have changed thread sizes!
    Any advice would be appreciated and I'm also awaiting a response from BEST FITTING Cheers Adrian
    Maybe sent a BSA one by mistake?
    tell them you want to return it, send it with a cover letter explaining the fault & ask for a replacement to fit your MK1.

I have been using the Best Fittings Universal Adaptor which uses what looks like a delrin insert to seal onto the valve face. I have found it excellent. If you are going for a replacement you could do a lot worse than try one of these

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...-hale-phoenix/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Adrian, did you put an o ring on the bottle when screwing in to the quick fill, if not you need to, as this takes up the space and seals as it would when screwed in to the gun.

Thanks for your reply, yes O ring is in place but the bottle only goes in less than one turn, have had a reply from Best Fittings and they are sending a replacement they think it might be faulty, so good result

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1 View Post
    Thanks for your reply, yes O ring is in place but the bottle only goes in less than one turn, have had a reply from Best Fittings and they are sending a replacement they think it might be faulty, so good result
    Hopefully that will do it, Be a good result for you and best fittings, Nice to see you ain't been fobbed off or given the run around.

Thanks Angry Bear

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Maybe sent a BSA one by mistake?
    tell them you want to return it, send it with a cover letter explaining the fault & ask for a replacement to fit your MK1.
    Had a talk with Best Fittings and the BSA / THEOBEN are identical but as I tried three Rapid bottles without getting anywhere near fitting correctly they think its a faulty unit and are sending a replacement for which I very grateful.
    Thanks for yourhelp with this. What great helpful lot we have on this forum
    Last edited by adrian1; 16-01-2021 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Typo