Thread: Odd things in boxes etc

Odd things in boxes etc

Posting this in the General section but maybe it could have gone in the Collectable section but either way here it is.

Have you ever bought an air rifle or air pistol only to find something in the case, gunslip, box or 'gun'you weren't aware of when you bought it? If so what was it that had been squirelled away?

I took a butt plate off a Lincoln Jeffries once only to find a load of lead shot wrapped up in a piece of paper. The paper turned out to be the receipt from Steelhouse Lane.

As I say just wondered what you might have found.....

Sorry not guns but boxes, Had a new set but opened box of pool balls of my mate , I was passing so he give them to me quickly and off I went, Anyway a couple of days later I removed the lid of the box and a little bit of polystyrene only to find one of the biggest spiders I have ever seen, I did ask my mate if he put it in for a laugh but he seemed genuine with his no reply, Must have climbed in from the garage somewhere , And yes, I ain't keen on spiders.

Sorry not guns again but I bought a decent rucksack to replace my karrimore that was a few years past it, so got a secondhand berghaus for a few quid. Opened it up and found some bits and bobs, waterproof matches, glow sticks and junk like that. Pulls out the waterproof hood to check that compartment to have a dirty weekends worth of used crispy condoms fall onto my garage floor. Needless to say I was retching as I was stuffing it into a bin bag. Same as secondhand sofas. Don't do it.
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Yep bought a second hand hard case from an RFD and was surprised when I got it home as there was a tatty but usable R10 in side I thought it was a bit heavy. Naturally being honest I took the rifle back to the RFD wish I had not as the old bugger did not even say thank you my mother always honestly is not always recognised but no matter always be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    Yep bought a second hand hard case from an RFD and was surprised when I got it home as there was a tatty but usable R10 in side I thought it was a bit heavy. Naturally being honest I took the rifle back to the RFD wish I had not as the old bugger did not even say thank you my mother always honestly is not always recognised but no matter always be honest.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

im honest but not that honest

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    im honest but not that honest
    My late uncle once bought a Welsh Dresser at a farm sale and when he got it home he found a double barrelled 16 bore shotgun in it --- he didn't take that back.

Mind you, he was the one who put it in there before the sale started.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    You bought a hard case without looking inside it?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Also bought used rucksack, in fact pair of 'Camel' rucksacks at car boot sale, seemed as new. Went to use them about 9 months later, found Barclaycard in one of outside pockets , had quick look inside before buying too, not reached its expiry date. Handed in to Barclay's Bank.
    Last edited by Kuyajonathan; 16-01-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Was involved in repair of amateur radio equipment. One day Pauline wasn't there and I couldn't find enough packing / padding material. It was a very busy day so I emptied the contents of the packing dept waste bin into two company carrier bags. I'm confident the radio got back to its owner in good nick but wondered whether he'd continue to be a customer.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

edbear2 Guest
    I bought an old Aluminium rifle case at a car boot, had shooting team stickers on etc. When I checked under the foam there was a really nice full Parker Hale set of wooden and brass cleaning rods in a canvas roll, with several brushes / patch holders / mops and the like all still carded and unopened . All in .308.......bit big for me, but made a shooting friend very happy

ATB, Ed
    Last edited by edbear2; 19-01-2021 at 10:31 AM.