Thread: Why is the HW95 so bouncy??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Nick, the subject rifle of the thread (mine) is short stroked by 12mm. I guess to get them right its still needs the correct spring. In standard stroke I think they shoot best at about 14ftlbs.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hi Nick, the subject rifle of the thread (mine) is short stroked by 12mm. I guess to get them right its still needs the correct spring. In standard stroke I think they shoot best at about 14ftlbs.
    It’s very interesting maximums AFAIK with short stroking 95 options there are 8,10,12mm although it’s something I know very little about obviously

What I have realised is especially over the last few years Springers are the work of the devil and some reet voodoo shizzle is going on inside they are not as simple as they look

My own fault for spending way too many years messing with pcp’s I guess but I would love to finally nail my own 95 nemesis.

Well, after another session this afternoon i can confirm that I have NOT sorted the accuracy with mine!. Got my Diana 280 out just to make sure it wasn't me, and though it hasn't been shot in months was soon doing groups that p#ssed all over what I could do with the 95 and with a lot less effort on fixed 4x v 7x mag on the 95. The power of the 95 has now crept up to pretty much 11ftlbs and is the same with all 3 weights of JSB. Best groups were with the 7.33 but still fliers and lateral stringing spoiling things.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Well, after another session this afternoon i can confirm that I have NOT sorted the accuracy with mine!. Got my Diana 280 out just to make sure it wasn't me, and though it hasn't been shot in months was soon doing groups that p#ssed all over what I could do with the 95 and with a lot less effort on fixed 4x v 7x mag on the 95. The power of the 95 has now crept up to pretty much 11ftlbs and is the same with all 3 weights of JSB. Best groups were with the 7.33 but still fliers and lateral stringing spoiling things.
    Would stringing be more associated with barrel lockup?

Assuming you have gone through all the usual stuff maximus? Eg Breech sealing, barrel tightness etc

Yes Nick, no issues there, different pellets give different results. Just seemed to get that kind of spread with the jsb rs.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Yes Nick, no issues there, different pellets give different results. Just seemed to get that kind of spread with the jsb rs.
    This reminds me a tad of Stellas (ades) hw98 accuracy saga which after loads of input from others and many parts changed it turned out to be a hold/rest issue.

The 95 does certainly seem to throw up loads of issues and debates on a lot of forums.

Wish I could help buddy but the 95 has certainly gone back on my own todo list

I've shot a 95 FAC in .177 and found it very near as good as my TX200's. The 34, on the other hand, was one of the worst looking and shooting springers I've seen.

FAC rated then at least the pellet might have left the barrel before all the harmonics go ruining everything. 12ft/lbs speeds are just trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    FAC rated then at least the pellet might have left the barrel before all the harmonics go ruining everything. 12ft/lbs speeds are just trouble.
    When it was doing 11.6 ftlbs it was firing FAP out at 840fps, still sh#te.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer