Thread: Why is the HW95 so bouncy??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, exactly my thoughts re the twang caused by increased surge. Shame yours doesn't like the FTT, pointing one even more towards the 7.9s. The other pellet that mine positively loved (and preferred over the Exacts) was the boxed Crosman Premier 7.9. Still available from our sponsor, I think? But they're a harder pellet than the Exact, so I think I'd be trying the 7.9 JSB first.
    Yep, have some of the boxed premiers too, not tried them recently though.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Curious thread, I loved my 77k&80
    Wasn't the 95 launched to compete with lighter full power break barrels from BSA, Webley, Diana and even maybe Theoben.
    Does the 95 share internals with others in the range?
    Was the rifle rushed out to the market without enough R&D?
    Simple mods improve the rifle which suggests this.
    Air Arms spent a lot of time and money developing the TX200 before launching it to compete with the 77!!
    VAYA CON DIOS

I have nothing technical to add to this thread but I cannot help but notice earlier on that someone made mention of a set back trigger? So I will ask, does this model, the 95K that is, have the unusually long trigger pull length or is/was that the 99?

I own neither the 99 or 95 at the moment but I am considering something with a tad more poke than my collection of 30S's.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    I have nothing technical to add to this thread but I cannot help but notice earlier on that someone made mention of a set back trigger? So I will ask, does this model, the 95K that is, have the unusually long trigger pull length or is/was that the 99?

I own neither the 99 or 95 at the moment but I am considering something with a tad more poke than my collection of 30S's.

Thanks.
    Hi, the 95 doesn't have a setback trigger in fact HW don't do them they are after market only. As to whether the 99 has a longer reach to the trigger im not sure but I doubt the 95s would be classed as short either. I have big mitts and custom stocks on mine so no real issues for me.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

HW95L trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post

Thanks.
    FWIW, Current HW95 trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hi, the 95 doesn't have a setback trigger in fact HW don't do them they are after market only. As to whether the 99 has a longer reach to the trigger im not sure but I doubt the 95s would be classed as short either. I have big mitts and custom stocks on mine so no real issues for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
    FWIW, Current HW95 trigger.
    Thanks for your replies, I removed the image purely to avoid repetition that's all.

It was confirmation of actual measurements that I needed without hijacking the original thread, I'm sure someone who owns both rifles and will chip in.

Thanks again.