Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
Hmmm. Interesting but confusing thread.

It may help if some rationale was used in determining the required information, Something I found useful when trying to resolve the "Gentle nudge in the shoulder" arguments which proliferated some years ago!

I know I will regret this but I would first suggest that one defines what parameter one is trying to evaluate/quantify and then design some ways of collecting, analysing and relating data to that aspect. Lord Kelvin said it better than I ever could! See Quotation in attached PDF reference! http://freepdfhosting.com/d30e366d7a.pdf

I also include in that PDF sketches showing how the rifle CoG etc affects the behaviour of the action pointing direction. By completing the forces diagram to include for example all the hold and support forces and knowing what that may be at the point of pellet exiting the muzzle one would have all the data one needs (as long as that is completed for the entire range of action/pellet etc variables.)

There you go guys - get measuring! I hope that provides a little food for useful thought!

Stay safe and well
atvb
David
Absolutely this and not so much down to barrel harmonics. But you put it so much better than I ever could, David.

So, yes, all to do with pellet start, pellet exit and barrel inclination (controlled by what is pertaining in the cylinder) at point of pellet exit.