Thread: Why is the HW95 so bouncy??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    So, 3 days and 40+ posts in and we still haven’t really decided whether the 95 is abnormally “bouncy” and, if it is, why.
    But we may have established that a D34 or a D280 shoots with better manners
    Jokes aside I do hope the OP gets to the bottom of things. I think there has been many constructive suggestions in this thread and suspect the cause is a combination of factors rather than one single issue.
    For my part it's got me curious about my early 85s and how they shoot. I doubt I've put more than zeroing shots through either.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    But we may have established that a D34 or a D280 shoots with better manners
    Jokes aside I do hope the OP gets to the bottom of things. I think there has been many constructive suggestions in this thread and suspect the cause is a combination of factors rather than one single issue.
    For my part it's got me curious about my early 85s and how they shoot. I doubt I've put more than zeroing shots through either.
    Dave
    Totally agree Dave,

I think the thread has been rather interesting.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen any 95 ‘issue’ threads nailed in one reply and within minutes

Unless the reply was sling the munter in the canal and buy a 99 instead

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Totally agree Dave,

I think the thread has been rather interesting.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen any 95 ‘issue’ threads nailed in one reply and within minutes

Unless the reply was sling the munter in the canal and buy a 99 instead
    Ho ho. Well, that I guess is one solution though I'm not sure I'd advocate blocking this country's canals with air rifles

I think no matter where your loyalties lie with your chosen favourite make of gun, very few if any of them are practically perfect in every sense. I don't think there's a spring air rifle that cannot be improved in some aspect. Even if it's as simple as reducing wear and tear or spring twang.
    Some air rifles genuinely do seem to have better handling and firing characteristics than others for various reasons.
    However, I do wonder at times, that our experiences with some brands/models can be a classic example of hype v reality. Could this be said of the HW95? It's been around a few years now and must have had these general characteristics from.the outset? At least with modern consistent manufacturing processes you would think the first 95 back in the day pretty much acts the same way a current one does?
    There again there will always be the. "lemon". A Friday afternoon gun
    Yep, I'm definitely curious about the 85s I have here and if I will be able to get them to shoot well (as long as I'm on top of my game)!
    Dave