Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
Totally agree Dave,

I think the thread has been rather interesting.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen any 95 ‘issue’ threads nailed in one reply and within minutes

Unless the reply was sling the munter in the canal and buy a 99 instead
Ho ho. Well, that I guess is one solution though I'm not sure I'd advocate blocking this country's canals with air rifles

I think no matter where your loyalties lie with your chosen favourite make of gun, very few if any of them are practically perfect in every sense. I don't think there's a spring air rifle that cannot be improved in some aspect. Even if it's as simple as reducing wear and tear or spring twang.
Some air rifles genuinely do seem to have better handling and firing characteristics than others for various reasons.
However, I do wonder at times, that our experiences with some brands/models can be a classic example of hype v reality. Could this be said of the HW95? It's been around a few years now and must have had these general characteristics from.the outset? At least with modern consistent manufacturing processes you would think the first 95 back in the day pretty much acts the same way a current one does?
There again there will always be the. "lemon". A Friday afternoon gun
Yep, I'm definitely curious about the 85s I have here and if I will be able to get them to shoot well (as long as I'm on top of my game)!
Dave