Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HW Rifle Prices

There's many contributing factors in why prices increase. I think in Germany the introduction of minum wage back in 2015 and the gradual increase of it since is one thing. Even if the employer was already paying over the minum it still makes people think about how much their worth over that minimum.

The cost of materials has certainly gone up. It's not just the wood and metal that goes into the rifle theres also all the tools and machinery that needs to be added, repaired, replaced.
    More health and safety has been introduced, insurance has gone up, IT costs have gone up, energy costs, logistics, the list goes on.

Then your importer wether it be Hull cartridge, SGC, whoever, take their cut based on their costs ect. Then your RFD has to make a living. Now scale all that up with all the taxes and duty imposed on absolutely everything involved and there's your answer.
    Last edited by Deltawing; 17-01-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

best buy second hand

At this rate, I don't think that legislation will be the death knell of airgunning, it will be manufacturers pricing themselves out of the market.

Some good answers but I ask;

With many price increases just around the corner, (for a variety of obvious and spurious reasons), are manufacturers, distributors, and retailers, simply boxing themselves into a corner?

But, off on a slight tangent........And I'm not saying this because I'm flush as I certainly couldn't afford to buy anything at the moment. But let's say someone's going to buy a good, quality made springer and pay, say, £450. For many people today that wouldn't even equate to a week's wages. Yet, looked after with just a modicum of care, the thing will give a lifetime of reliable and sterling service and deliver many fine memories along the way. And, as said above, there are so many cost points along the manufacturing and distribution chain.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Rising Prices in the face of increasingly competent competition?

It must be a concern for the likes of HW, AA, BSA that as they (I hope) try to keep prices down, the lower cost PCP competition from Turkey and China offer more features, and apparently strides in quality over the last few years. BSA/Gamo have used the Gamo brand to offer more competitive packages, but Kral, Artemis, SMK etc seem to get better and better feedback on this forum. Personally I still value the spares availability of the established brands, but I fear that unless upwards price creep is controlled the prestige brands will struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    But, off on a slight tangent........And I'm not saying this because I'm flush as I certainly couldn't afford to buy anything at the moment. But let's say someone's going to buy a good, quality made springer and pay, say, £450. For many people today that wouldn't even equate to a week's wages. Yet, looked after with just a modicum of care, the thing will give a lifetime of reliable and sterling service and deliver many fine memories along the way. And, as said above, there are so many cost points along the manufacturing and distribution chain.
    That's a good point, I was a smoker 10 years ago and what's the price of fags/ tobacco these days, £10 /£20 , So a packet a day will set you about £300 a month or tobacco say 2 packs a week will cost about £160 a month, Through out the year that's quite a few decent springers or a very nice PCP gun I could buy and have the thought that I would have spent that on smoking if I still smoked, Maybe nothing to do with the price of eggs but it may settle someones mind when handing out the cash, Way I look at it I cant see how you can loose when you buy a gun, More so second hand , Unless your gonna sell it very quick, An half decent second hand Springer will cost you about £250 and chances are most will stay around that price for years, If you buy new at around £450 and you keep it say for 5 years you will still likely get half your money back so minus the enjoyment you've had there is not much else out there where you can buy something and get the same return back, Most of my guns are early 80s and most were bought at what I thought was the going rate and cant see them dropping in value much in the future, On the other hand I didnt buy them to make money or to loose money I bought them as I wanted them, Well thought I needed them to be perfectly honest, Hey life is short just enjoy it at what ever cost.

Not only price but also very hard to get hold of now. Local rfd can't get a HW30 and it seems most dealers are out of stock.

Welcome to the forum, Dan.

That's a sad situation you describe, guessing it's down to Brexit with maybe a little bit of Covid influence, too. Hoping this will be a temporary situation and resolved soon. Guessing the various importers will be all over it.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

There was a big increase in price in Germany before we left the EU.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

I think a lot of companies put their pricing up when they saw the rapidly increasing prices being charged for Daystates which didn't seem to deter buyers!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Hw95l

My HW95L with scope was about $1K after the latest mods. My wife & I, both North of 80, enjoy shooting the rifle from our back deck and our groups seem to be improving. Good luck to all and stay safe.

Not related to this thread but this guy paid us a visit this week and I have never seen a Redtail Hawk this close before. Beautiful Raptor.

It’s the same for most things from the EU now I am afraid they have a fair bit of paper work to do. It you buy some thing that is under £135 then the VAT is paid to the country that you are buying from if over £135 then UK vat kicks in. Because of the rushed treaty signing a lot of places were not ready in time.

It’s a right ball ache my work is waiting for several extremely expensive bits of kit which were bought and paid for in November can we get the kit passed the bloody boarder can we heck as like.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
    My HW95L with scope was about $1K after the latest mods. My wife & I, both North of 80, enjoy shooting the rifle from our back deck and our groups seem to be improving. Good luck to all and stay safe.

Not related to this thread but this guy paid us a visit this week and I have never seen a Redtail Hawk this close before. Beautiful Raptor.

Lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I think a lot of companies put their pricing up when they saw the rapidly increasing prices being charged for Daystates which didn't seem to deter buyers!
    Yup

Last year you could get an hw77 for £330 posted

Then just like that their prices shot up! SWS aren’t the bargain they once were, that’s before brexit.

New prices going up should help secondhand prices also?!