Thread: New member introduction

New member introduction

Just saying hello as a new member to bbs, looking forward to learning a bit more about our wonderful sport and pastime,been shooting on and off for 40 yrs and just got back after a 8 yr break I'm more of a old school guy I do like my springers and rammers but had a fair few pcp,s in my time , cheers all ....steve

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Welcome Steve.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Hi Steve and a very warm welcome.

Old school and into springers, eh? Good man

Don't know if you're already aware, but you'll have Brian Samson's superb range local to you. Once things open up, anyways.

And keep your eyes peeled for the possibility of a Boinger Bash meet at some point when things are safer and "normal". I'm sure that'd be right up your street.

What boingers do you have and which branches of the sport / hobby do you enjoy?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Oh dear, Do you really want to do this? You can only expect hours agonising over the boings and pings of airgun ownership as well as the mind boggling topics of spring compressors, special lubes, spring guides, top hats, power washers, transfer port (TP) restrictors and sleeves to say nothing of beer can piston sleeves. And if you lean the other way then sweet spots, filler probes, and pumps and air cylinders will soon become second nature. All tempered by odd discussions of hamsters and butt pads (adjustable of course) coupled with cheek risers, again adjustable. But beware, it is all tremendous fun and can become addictive as you strive for that perfect rifle to blend seamlessly with you.
    Nah, enough of that .... welcome to a mine of information and the hope that it all helps you fulfil your airgun shooting dreams.

Cheers, Phil

Hi and welcome!

Welcome to the BBS. 🙂
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve garb View Post
    Just saying hello as a new member to bbs, looking forward to learning a bit more about our wonderful sport and pastime,been shooting on and off for 40 yrs and just got back after a 8 yr break I'm more of a old school guy I do like my springers and rammers but had a fair few pcp,s in my time , cheers all ....steve
    Welcome to a fabulous site,you can get any info on most guns and have a good laugh as well.

Thanks for a lovely

sorry it's took so long ,but thanks all for a warm welcome ,still struggling to get around site but I'll get there thanks again .....Steve

Collection

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi Steve and a very warm welcome.

Old school and into springers, eh? Good man

Don't know if you're already aware, but you'll have Brian Samson's superb range local to you. Once things open up, anyways.

And keep your eyes peeled for the possibility of a Boinger Bash meet at some point when things are safer and "normal". I'm sure that'd be right up your street.

What boingers do you have and which branches of the sport / hobby do you enjoy?
    Hi mate ,thanks for welcome at moment I have a theorem fenman in .22 lovely coming up for its 25th birthday soon lol, I am afraid to say but I'm a leftie so I'm a ambi type but looking for a AA sideleaver se90 in left hand ,so the holy grail ....

Nothing wrong with being of sinister persuasion, Steve.

That SE90 may be a little tricky to track down, but with asking about on here and the magic of the BBS, you never know...... Would love a Khamsin one day.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!