Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultra alternative?

Nothing currently still in production comes close to matching the Ultra for its compact size and price imo.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Get well soon JB certainly did. He told me that after the Hornet he suggested at one their meetings what was to be the Ultra. He knew what a success it would be because of the earlier demand for his short but practical Titan Manitou Bearcat and MPT. BSA were less sure and said it would sell because it was a BSA but sales would be limited because there was no demand for such a short low shot count rifle.
    JBs next one for BSA, the Scorpion. was delayed by a considerable amount of time due to the demand for the Ultra. It appealed to all sorts. Shooters, fishermen and country lovers in general. Say no more
    That's such a good account of the ultras success story, I'm sure theres a missed opportunity from other manufacturers, that's more a rifle than a bullpup and made for sub 12fpe. The hw110 has been mentioned and although I wasnt impressed with mine, it is a contender. I'm still sticking with the pr900w as the best affordable alternative. I'm kicking myself for all the ultras I've sold

Yes I also now regret selling my beech .177 ultra SE. Got rid of it because I didn’t like the low shot count or the filling adapter design. I wish I kept it and modified it to suit because it was one of the most accurate guns I’ve had. Sold it stupid cheap too.