Thread: Can somebody give me a price guide on my RWS 52 please?

Can somebody give me a price guide on my RWS 52 please?

Ive owned it for nearly 16 years now, all that time has been spent sitting in my cabinet, maybe fired it 20 times.

I bought it apparently new from a friend. Theres not a mark on it anywhere i can see. Its bare with no scope ever fitted and only a barrel shroud.

Its .22, i can send pics via email if anyone needs them.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by scoza View Post
    Ive owned it for nearly 16 years now, all that time has been spent sitting in my cabinet, maybe fired it 20 times.

I bought it apparently new from a friend. Theres not a mark on it anywhere i can see. Its bare with no scope ever fitted and only a barrel shroud.

Thank you.
    200ish?

Quote Originally Posted by scoza View Post

Thank you.

Does it have the apen sights on it? Although these are great guns they don't always sell that well on here especially in 22 cal. If you have somewhere to shoot it I'd say keep it and start having a go but if you must sell on here it'll be between £150 - 185 dependent on which stock it has. If it has a walnut thumbhole then that's different. Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

I'm a bit surprised by the figures mentioned above although a quick Google of relatively recent sales suggests they aren't a million miles off which strikes me as a bit of a shame.

Admittedly the last list price of near 600 quid for a new one was getting optimistic and not really cutting the mustard when put alongside TX's or 77's, but £150 - £200 for a classic German tank of a rifle in good nick? Ouch...

I've got an Original 52 dating if memory serves to (I think) about 1992 that I bought on a whim a few years back having wanted one as a teenager.

I'd little intention of selling mine but at those figures I'll definitely be hanging on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz72 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by the figures mentioned above although a quick Google of relatively recent sales suggests they aren't a million miles off which strikes me as a bit of a shame.

Admittedly the last list price of near 600 quid for a new one was getting optimistic and not really cutting the mustard when put alongside TX's or 77's, but £150 - £200 for a classic German tank of a rifle in good nick? Ouch...

I've got an Original 52 dating if memory serves to (I think) about 1992 that I bought on a whim a few years back having wanted one as a teenager.

I'd little intention of selling mine but at those figures I'll definitely be hanging on to it.

I bought a 54 for £220 and a cosmetically challenged 52 for £100 --- strangely they just don't seem to hold their secondhand value like a Weihrauch does.

I actually got to play with the 52 today and decided to fit a new main spring I'd found in my spring collection.
    After having chopped two and a half coils off the spring I had very little preload and the gun finally cocked nicely, so I ran a few pellets over the Chrono --- oops.
    The gun's in bits again now reflecting on it's sins.

No wonder the 52 and 54 are popular in America at FAC power.

£200 sounds about right. I think I paid £140 about six or seven years ago for a late 80s one in OK, though definitely used, condition.

They are just not that well known, or therefore popular. They are also big and a bit of an acquired taste. A shame because they are a bloody good rifle, with no obvious sidelever competitors.

A D48/52 is what you’d get if you crossed an HW80 with an HW77 and stuck the cocking lever on the side. That’s not a bad idea, and explains why, at full power (and sensible prices) they were so popular in the US for around 25 years.

Diana list prices in the U.K from the mid-2000s were nonsense dreamed up by idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I actually got to play with the 52 today and decided to fit a new main spring I'd found in my spring collection.
    After having chopped two and a half coils off the spring I had very little preload and the gun finally cocked nicely, so I ran a few pellets over the Chrono --- oops.
    The gun's in bits again now reflecting on it's sins.
    l:
    Lol!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

52 prices

Bought several 52’s and a 48 over the years all .22.
    Cheapest was £50 the others between £120-£160,some needed work.
    All sold now except the £50 one,probably the best out of the lot.
    Bit of a niche rifle,they don’t move that fast......
    Diana 52 .22 short stroked
    AA S410.177+Hawke Vantage
    Think outside...no box required

Paid £140 posted on here for one that shoots fine, no open sights and would make a nice rifle with a little cosmetic work. A true powerhouse of a rifle but very heavy. A good gun for the money

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    £200 sounds about right. I think I paid £140 about six or seven years ago for a late 80s one in OK, though definitely used, condition.

They are just not that well known, or therefore popular. They are also big and a bit of an acquired taste. A shame because they are a bloody good rifle, with no obvious sidelever competitors.

A D48/52 is what you’d get if you crossed an HW80 with an HW77 and stuck the cocking lever on the side. That’s not a bad idea, and explains why, at full power (and sensible prices) they were so popular in the US for around 25 years.

Diana list prices in the U.K from the mid-2000s were nonsense dreamed up by idiots.
    I wonder what the secondhand D48/52 prices are like state side ? I know there new prices have always been a lot keener than the UK.
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    I wonder what the secondhand D48/52 prices are like state side ? I know there new prices have always been a lot keener than the UK.
    This is all I could find, John :-

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/spring-piston-page-2/

The new price for a Diana48 shows how UK buyers are getting shafted price wise.

All the best Mick

All the best Mick
    Pyramid have them (RWS branded) at $449 - £326, new.

Until recently, the U.K. RRP was north of £500.

Pellpax currently offer them at £399. Could do worse. Except you could buy two good second-hand ones for that, or less.

All the best Mick

Interesting to note that the FWB sport is cheaper than the HW98
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Thanks everyone for all this information, i'll be listing it in the sales today for 200 posted.