Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap .177 plinking pellets...

Cheap .177 plinking pellets...

Quote Originally Posted by DEGS View Post
    Also found the BSA interceptor in .177 very accurate in my NP02 …..and a low price
    Got the .22 yet to try
    Both for close range.
    I found them really accurate in my daystate merlyn at longer ranges too, bargain price at the time too, the other bsa pellets were pants though.

Cheap .177 plinking pellets

Assuming I am reading it correctly, H&N Excite Econ .177 (7.8gr) are £2.95 a tin on NM Products / Sheffield Air Rifles website (P&P extra of course).

Yes.

Also the same price from our lovely, benevolent sponsor, JS Ramsbottom.

It must be said that in these days of ever-increasing prices it is so refreshing to be able to get such excellent quality at such affordable prices.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEGS View Post
    Also found the BSA interceptor in .177 very accurate in my NP02 …..and a low price
    Got the .22 yet to try
    Both for close range.
    I found the .22s terrible in my air guns as the heads were too small. But...they expand in soap/gelatin better than any other hollow point at 12ftlb. Would be great for close up ratting in the right gun.

In pistols, out to 10m, I use the Geco pellets. In my HW30S, out to 25m, I use the RWS R10.

In my experience the fps spread is very poor with the cheapo pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    I found the .22s terrible in my air guns as the heads were too small. But...they expand in soap/gelatin better than any other hollow point at 12ftlb. Would be great for close up ratting in the right gun.
    If you can hit anything with them?

I have never heard anything bad about Econs, and would use them if I had more time to shoot and didn’t have loads of Hobbys to get through.

Another vote for econs. Great on targets and rats.
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

.177 Econ 2's - in Wobbly pistols

Just tried them in my Webley Tempest & Hurricane .177. Some nice groups -for me!
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yes.

Also the same price from our lovely, benevolent sponsor, JS Ramsbottom.

It must be said that in these days of ever-increasing prices it is so refreshing to be able to get such excellent quality at such affordable prices.
    Nice .
    Thanks Tony .
    I'll get on the website and have a peek

I have just ordered another set of the Econs along with the excite hammers in both .177 and .22. I hope the hammers are as consistent as the Econs. I got the hammers as it doesn't look like they do Econs in .22. Anything has to be better than the consistency of the BSA pellets (max in .177 and target both .177 and .22).