Thread: Webley Premier Mk2 - Sharp trigger edges

Webley Premier Mk2 - Sharp trigger edges

I have a mark 2 Premier in 1.77 calibre. It's in mint condition and has had very little use. The only issue I have is that the trigger edges are sharp which makes it uncomfortable to shoot. I could easily fit my Beeman trigger shoe but I like to keep it on my Webley Vulcan. Has anyone else got a Premier with a trigger with sharp edges? Always best to remove the trigger to work on it but I guess it could be improved with it in situ and using fine sand paper to smooth the edges. However, would this cause corrosion?

sharp edges on trigger.

Suggestion [1]. carefully remove sharp corners with a half round needle file, use masking tape to protect rest of gun, re-blue with cold blue paste.
    Suggestion [2]. dismantle gun, hold trigger in vice, use a length of 60's -80's grit emery to 'sand' down corners. you can either cold blue or burn oil on trigger with gas blow torch. hope this helps, kind regards Al.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Wouild a heat shrink sleeve help?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    Wouild a heat shrink sleeve help?
    Good idea, something like electricians use to insulate joint's in wires?

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Yes, or you might be lucky to find some rubber or neoprene tubing of the right size. This means leaving the trigger in original condition and is easily removed.

Bit more fiddly but there is a kind of rubber tape which is very stretchy and when applied it amalgamates into a solid piece of rubber. Tricky to do a neat job but you don't have to get it right first time. Google "self amalgamating rubber tape" and it is available in some colours - Screwfix have it. It takes a while to firm up after application and for it to work properly you have to stretch it as you apply it (IIRC 50% stretch is the optimum). Can be trimmed later with a sharp knife but make sure it is sharp if you want a good finish.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Webley Premier mk2 trigger

Thank you for all the replies. I will go for suggestion 1 from Cringe which I think would work. I think the trigger with sharp edges is a feature of the last production of the Premier range where costs were a big issue at the time.

There is something about the design and look of these late models that I like more than some of the earlier blued versions. Many would disagree though!